Proposal: Huge ANA NYR WIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Please read whole post for explanations before jumping all over it. thank you.

To NYR Trouba+ Stoner
To Win Lindholm+ McIlrath ( cap purposes. could be their #6)
To ANA Miller+ Dano+NYR 1st rd pick

WHY?!?!?

For NYR fans may be leery of dealing miller. I am as well, but you have to give to get. trouba solves their RD problem at 23 yrs old and rangers get to keep skjei. new top 6
McD-Trouba
Staal-Klein
Skjei-girardi/holden.

for Win Lindholm solves their LD problem. he is an upgrade from trouba, chevy looks like a hero. Moving Dano shouldn't hurt them with guys like armia,petan, burmistrov, etc knocking on the door. Gives the jets a legit solid top 6 for years to come.
Lindholm-Buff
Morrisey-Myers
Enstrom-McIlrath/potsma

For ANA, their cap situation sucks. trading lindholm kind of stings but don't be short sited on the return. This is a very good haul for the ducks on multiple facets.
1.Miller is only 23,signed for under 3mill for the next 2 years then RFA after that. he has 30 goal potential, lundqvist has stated multiple times that miller has the best shot on our team. Dano also adds great skill to their top 9. he is cheap and will also only to continue to get better. I think he is a 25-25 player in the future. 1st Rd pick could wind up being the best player of all, who knows? They also get rid of stoners contract. That allows them to resign fowler who has been great for them. Larrson has played well this year and theodore and montour are waiting in the wings. that should help mitigate the loss of lindolm. It's essentially 3 first Rd picks and dumb stoner in the process. Ducks line up looks as good as anyone in the west and it gives them a chance to really go for the cup while Getzlaf and Perry are in their prime years.

Miller-Getzlaf-Perry
Rakell-Kesler-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Vermentte-Dano
Garbut-Wagner-??

(resigned)Fowler-vatanen
Theodore-Manson
Larrsson- Bieksa/montour
Gibson

looks really solid.

flame flame flame flame away!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

To NYR Trouba+ Stoner

WHY?!?!?

For NYR fans may be leery of dealing miller. I am as well, but you have to give to get. trouba solves their RD problem at 23 yrs old and rangers get to keep skjei. new top 6
McD-Trouba
Staal-Klein
Skjei-girardi/holden.

for Win Lindholm solves their LD problem. he is an upgrade from trouba, chevy looks like a hero. Moving Dano shouldn't hurt them with guys like armia,petan, burmistrov, etc knocking on the door. Gives the jets a legit solid top 6 for years to come.
Lindholm-Buff
Morrisey-Myers
Enstrom-McIlrath/potsma

For ANA, their cap situation sucks. trading lindholm kind of stings but don't be short sited on the return. This is a very good haul for the ducks on multiple facets.
1.Miller is only 23,signed for under 3mill for the next 2 years then RFA after that. he has 30 goal potential, lundqvist has stated multiple times that miller has the best shot on our team. Dano also adds great skill to their top 9. he is cheap and will also only to continue to get better. I think he is a 25-25 player in the future. 1st Rd pick could wind up being the best player of all, who knows? They also get rid of stoners contract. That allows them to resign fowler who has been great for them. Larrson has played well this year and theodore and montour are waiting in the wings. that should help mitigate the loss of lindolm. It's essentially 3 first Rd picks and dumb stoner in the process. Ducks line up looks as good as anyone in the west and it gives them a chance to really go for the cup while Getzlaf and Perry are in their prime years.

Miller-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Vermentte-Dano
Garbut-Wagner-??

(resigned)Fowler-vatanen
Theodore-Manson
Larrsson- Bieksa/montour
Gibson

looks really solid.

You must be a rangers fan :facepalm:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
not terribly

Anaheim gets taken to the wood shed on this one.

they are in a cap hell of their own making, This move gives them 3 solid young assets and they shed stoners contract in the process. Ducks fans seem to love fowler and these moves not only bolster the forward position and add a first Rd pick, it allows them to dump stoner and sign fowler long term... hockey is a BUSINESS first. and to a budget team, it may not be ideal to deal lindholm but this gives them lots of flexibility and young players that will improve

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

To NYR Trouba+ Stoner

WHY?!?!?

McD-Trouba
Staal-Klein
Skjei-girardi/holden.

Lindholm-Buff
Morrisey-Myers
Enstrom-McIlrath/potsma

Miller-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Vermentte-Dano
Garbut-Wagner-??

(resigned)Fowler-vatanen
Theodore-Manson
Larrsson- Bieksa/montour
Gibson

looks really solid.

That is a poor retrun when we are trading Lindholm away no way in hell do we do this. Trading away the best piece and get the worst return :shakehead

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
no

That is a poor retrun when we are trading Lindholm away no way in hell do we do this. Trading away the best piece and get the worst return :shakehead

its not just the player traded away (linholm)

-dumping stoner
-resigned fowler due to salary flexibility
- adding 2 top 6 young forwards who are only going to get better
-1st Rd pick
-gets theodore in line up ( who I think will be a stud)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm curious to see how things unfold for the ducks over the next 1-2 years with their aging core, cap issues, etc.

Overall not horrible OP, but I get ducks will hate it b/c the offer includes them trying to dump a really bad contract.

Not sure how cap balances out for all teams

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

To NYR Trouba+ Stoner

I love how you add McIlrath for cap purposes, as though that gets us even close to under the cap. You're sending out 3.55 mil and taking back 8-9 mil, depending on how much Trouba gets.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
they are in a cap hell of their own making, This move gives them 3 solid young assets and they shed stoners contract in the process. Ducks fans seem to love fowler and these moves not only bolster the forward position and add a first Rd pick, it allows them to dump stoner and sign fowler long term... hockey is a BUSINESS first. and to a budget team, it may not be ideal to deal lindholm but this gives them lots of flexibility and young players that will improve

Just stop. It's awful.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
ehh

I love how you add McIlrath for cap purposes, as though that gets us even close to under the cap. You're sending out 3.55 mil and taking back 8-9 mil, depending on how much Trouba gets.

one stoner is waived him and Mcilrath have a similar salary. he will just be burried anyway. Trouba most likely 5.5 6 mill per

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

-dumping stoner
-1st Rd pick

We are not trading the best player away even with Stoner dumped to get the worst return. Fowler has another year on his contract when it ends Stoner and Bieksa contract ends at same time as well. Fowler might want to test free agency no way to know for sure if we will re-sign him. Dano isn't a top 6 forward yet.

We ain't doing this.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

-dumping stoner
-1st Rd pick

You seem to be applying some of these things to the value of the trade. That isn't how it works. Anaheim being able to play Theodore, or re-sign Fowler, doesn't actually change the return. The return is still Miller, Dano, and a 1st. All that other stuff? Yeah, it's nice, but it isn't actually something New York(or Winnipeg) is offering. They don't get credit for that in the trade.

For Anaheim, this is trading Hampus Lindholm for Miller, Dano, and a 1st. Anaheim says no.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
What is this "first round pick" you speak of, I'm unfamiliar with such an asset.

Also if Miller + 1st + young forward gets you Lindholm with all due respect to Winnipeg I don't think we'd cut them into the deal even if we desperately need a RD you still take the best player in the trade, plus with AV here Trouba would still play behind Girardi.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

-dumping stoner
-1st Rd pick

As Static said, 'Just stop.' :laugh:

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
thx

I'm curious to see how things unfold for the ducks over the next 1-2 years with their aging core, cap issues, etc.

Overall not horrible OP, but I get ducks will hate it b/c the offer includes them trying to dump a really bad contract.

Not sure how cap balances out for all teams

thank you for looking at the bigger picture and the business side of things. It's not an ideal situation for the ducks but it gets them out of a lot of financial trouba but adding good young assets that will mature and prosper there.they need to make a move. Lindholm is doing no team good sitting out. word is his agent won't budge from 6mill per.. if that's the case the ducks need to make a deal and i believe they are already behind the 8 ball

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
one stoner is waived him and Mcilrath have a similar salary. he will just be burried anyway. Trouba most likely 5.5 6 mill per

Even if Stoner is buried, we still carry like 2.3 million in cap. His whole cap hit doesn't go away... It just absolutely doesn't work. We would be way over the cap. Winnipeg makes out like bandits and I don't think Anaheim does this.

I have to concur with everyone here... this is terrible. All around.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
no

You seem to be applying some of these things to the value of the trade. That isn't how it works. Anaheim being able to play Theodore, or re-sign Fowler, doesn't actually change the return. The return is still Miller, Dano, and a 1st. All that other stuff? Yeah, it's nice, but it isn't actually something New York(or Winnipeg) is offering. They don't get credit for that in the trade.

For Anaheim, this is trading Hampus Lindholm for Miller, Dano, and a 1st. Anaheim says no.

no the ducks get credit for it. from, getting themselves out of cap hell. it is a by-product of the deal

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
thank you for looking at the bigger picture and the business side of things. It's not an ideal situation for the ducks but it gets them out of a lot of financial trouba but adding good young assets that will mature and prosper there.they need to make a move. Lindholm is doing no team good sitting out. word is his agent won't budge from 6mill per.. if that's the case the ducks need to make a deal and i believe they are already behind the 8 ball

Being fiscally responsible in the NHL is critical, trying to fix your mistake when you're not is expensive (Hawks). It's a side of the sport fans hate, especially when it affects their team.

I'm not saying obviously this is only option for ducks, but they do have cap issues they need to fix, how they do it and how much it costs them is yet to be seen.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
no the ducks get credit for it. from, getting themselves out of cap hell. it is a by-product of the deal

A by-product that isn't unique to trades with New York or Winnipeg.

The main point is that you're asking for Lindholm, but you aren't giving us a Lindholm-worthy package, and you're justifying it by throwing Stoner into it and saying "But you can play Theodore, and re-sign Fowler."

Anaheim would want more, and by more I'm speaking of quality.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
what

Being fiscally responsible in the NHL is critical, trying to fix your mistake when you're not is expensive (Hawks). It's a side of the sport fans hate, especially when it affects their team.

I'm not saying obviously this is only option for ducks, but they do have cap issues they need to fix, how they do it and how much it costs them is yet to be seen.

what i don't get is the ducks fans have been clamoring for forwards but due to their internal cap/contract issues they need a specific kind of forward .. Miller has scored over 20 goals. 23 years old. plays all 3 forward positions, signed for under 3 mill a year, and can play anywhere in the top 6. He is exactly the type of forward they need.. On vatanen, no no no, vats is signed etc, added on in a bigger deal No no no. I mean no one is going to trade them a mitch marner on a ELC. that just doesn't happen.. Miller is exactly the type of forward they need to trade for. Some if it's not for vatanen with a small add from NYR or in a bigger deal for a player like lindholm with a large plus I just don't have any idea what their fan base expects???

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Understand this: send us a package worthy of Lindholm. JT Miller is not going to cut it. Quit acting like we should just be happy that other teams are interested and accept every **** offer thrown our way

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
i hear ya

A by-product that isn't unique to trades with New York or Winnipeg.

The main point is that you're asking for Lindholm, but you aren't giving us a Lindholm-worthy package, and you're justifying it by throwing Stoner into it and saying "But you can play Theodore, and re-sign Fowler."

Anaheim would want more, and by more I'm speaking of quality.

I get what your saying but this isn't a NHL16 type of trade where it's stud for stud. Nobody is going to come n and offer marner++ for example when they know the ducks ***** are in a sling.. Ducks are going to have top make a deal knowing that even if they do get quality for quantity there needs to be a major ripple effect to sign their own players and straighten out their finances

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I get what your saying but this isn't a NHL16 type of trade where it's stud for stud. Nobody is going to come n and offer marner++ for example when they know the ducks ***** are in a sling.. Ducks are going to have top make a deal knowing that even if they do get quality for quantity there needs to be a major ripple effect to sign their own players and straighten out their finances

The best piece of a return for Lindholm won't be J.T. Miller.

I'm confident of that.

That isn't some knock on Miller, but he's not going to do it. Plenty of teams would be willing to offer at least one single piece that is better than that. The rest of the package may end up smaller as a result, but for Lindholm teams will offer more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad