How much has Anaheim improved for 2023-24?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How much will the Ducks improve in 2023/24

• They will somehow manage to be worse

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Roughly the same as 2022-33

Votes: 24 12.5%
  • Slight improvement but still easily a bottom feeder (28-32 overall)

Votes: 102 53.1%
  • Notable improvement, more competitive but still bottom third

Votes: 54 28.1%
  • They'll be competing for playoffs

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • SC contender

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Over half of those responding, felt that this group would easily still be a bottom feeder. Have perceptions changed now, having seen the team on the ice?

They've been far more competitive thus far, doing so without their prize FA acquisition Killorn.
Small sample size anyone?

Some really good signs here but let's see how the next 10,20 and 30 games go to see where we are at.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Small sample size anyone?

Some really good signs here but let's see how the next 10,20 and 30 games go to see where we are at.

It's definitely not a large enough sample to determine just how much better they are, but we've seen plenty enough (for those who are watching) to clearly see that this is a notably better club.

It was almost inevitable, removing several D who played significant roles last year and now aren't even able to find an NHL gig. Replaced with highly talented rookies and much more proven vets.

They may ultimately end up with a similar record to last year but will get there in far less futile fashion. Have to realize how historically terrible they were on the defensive side last year.

Last edited:

FrankSidebottom

Mar 16, 2021
I voted for 28-32 overall but now would probably slightly change it. Mintyukov and Carlsson are real deals already.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It would be interesting to see the records of all teams after 11 games last year. I recall a few hot starters falling back to earth. That said, I think the Ducks are improved. I’m just not sold that they are this good. We will see.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Ducks don't make the playoffs until they have a real goaltender step up. Hopefully for them Dostal is ready because Gibson ain't it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad