Speculation: How Many Players Now Regret the Tortorella Firing?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
With Edler and Hamhuis ******** the bed really hard in Vancouver, it's no wonder that team's having a tough time lately.

Half a season in, both coaches have been as advertised. Woo hoo?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
With Edler and Hamhuis ******** the bed really hard in Vancouver, it's no wonder that team's having a tough time lately.

Half a season in, both coaches have been as advertised. Woo hoo?

LOL I always laugh how Torts gets the credit for the wins but players get the blame for the losses.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yep coaches should never get praise or blame for anything. Teams might as well hire a bum off the street. Thanks for the words of wisdom BRB.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Vancouver is a whole 4 points ahead of us. We're only slightly worse than them standing-wise but if we're going to be mediocre I'd rather watch an AV rather than a Torts team. I actually look forward to games now.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver is a whole 4 points ahead of us. We're only slightly worse than them standing-wise but if we're going to be mediocre I'd rather watch an AV rather than a Torts team. I actually look forward to games now.

That says a lot especially since we started the season 2-6.

Cake or Death

Regardless of anyone's personal feelings toward Torts, and whether you feel it was or wasn't time for him to go, I think we can all agree that he did do some excellent things for the team, put honest hard work in for the organization, and brought many positives to the NYR. The guy was proud to be part of the organization, put in honest hard work for the team, really hasn't said anything bad about his experience here since he left, and was removed by someone else's decision, not his own. Can't we appreciate that or at least kinda leave it at that?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Regardless of anyone's personal feelings toward Torts, and whether you feel it was or wasn't time for him to go, I think we can all agree that he did do some excellent things for the team, put honest hard work in for the organization, and brought many positives to the NYR. The guy was proud to be part of the organization, put in honest hard work for the team, really hasn't said anything bad about his experience here since he left, and was removed by someone else's decision, not his own. Can't we appreciate that or at least kinda leave it at that?

I agree.

Tort's self destructed. His antics with the media and what apparently was happening in the locker room led at least in part to his ouster. But it was always clear that he was truly passionate about making the organization a respected contender.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think it has been said before, but Torts brings very particular qualities to a team. He is not a 'complete' coach, I'd say. But he makes his teams competitive and responsible. It could be worse and in some case- like with the Lightning- it's perfect. With the Rangers, it just didn't work-out. Not a perfect fit. And that happens. No blame to assign. No hard feelings. I think most of us like Torts and I'd assume the players still do, too. Here's hoping AV is a better fit and best of luck to Torts.

Bertie

Jan 20, 2013
As a Canuck fan I would be happy to swap Torts back.
I have nothing against Torts but I just think he is not as good for the Canucks as AV.

AV's main problem was that useless GM Mike Gillis.
The owners should have sacked him and kept AV (the winningest coach in the history of the Canucks by the way)

I see AV's problem in NY as a slightly sub playoff defence. However I like your offence and if you can bring in a Hamhuis type of player I can see NY go all the way under AV.

Put it another way, I prefer watching NYR on Game Center just now to watching the Canucks.

Good Luck and get ripped into the Bruins :)

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I have nothing against Torts but I just think he is not as good for the Canucks as AV.

The owners should have sacked him and kept AV (the winningest coach in the history of the Canucks by the way)

I see AV's problem in NY as a slightly sub playoff defence. However I like your offence and if you can bring in a Hamhuis type of player I can see NY go all the way under AV.

Put it another way, I prefer watching NYR on Game Center just now to watching the Canucks.

Yeaaaaah we're not that good lol. I'm sorry but I never thought Torts was the coach the Canucks needed. A lot of the problems that he had with the Rangers are bleeding into the Canucks, who are a much better team.

Good luck to your team as well!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I've been on Torts' case a lot, but the defense has been good most of the time under Torts (last year IMO it was't that much better than this year's but Lundqvist was beast), but AV's man defense seems to give our D trouble. So it's a bit of a negative on AV.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I've been on Torts' case a lot, but the defense has been good most of the time under Torts (last year IMO it was't that much better than this year's but Lundqvist was beast), but AV's man defense seems to give our D trouble. So it's a bit of a negative on AV.

Recently they've been playing it like it's supposed to be played. Staal looks like he might be finally getting his game back which is huge. Biggest problem with our defense is that our offensive dmen suck at offense and aren't anything to write home about defensively.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Recently they've been playing it like it's supposed to be played. Staal looks like he might be finally getting his game back which is huge. Biggest problem with our defense is that our offensive dmen suck at offense and aren't anything to write home about defensively.

Who are our offensive D-men? DZ and Moore? I think McDonagh is a better offensive D-man than both of them.

GrimNYR8899*

Ppl here jump on bandwagons..Rangers fans ( I am a rangers fan and not trolling)are some of the most ridiculous hypocritical fans out there...always need something to complain about. I wonder how many now love AV since NYR is winning and where's all the ppl that wafted talbot to be the number one and Henke moved??? This site is comical,I have sat on the side for years reading posts here,there comical,most ppl at least

Trying to figure out why I bothered to join,lol,it's worse than a bingo game full of ld wash woman here

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Ppl here jump on bandwagons..Rangers fans ( I am a rangers fan and not trolling)are some of the most ridiculous hypocritical fans out there...always need something to complain about. I wonder how many now love AV since NYR is winning and where's all the ppl that wafted talbot to be the number one and Henke moved??? This site is comical,I have sat on the side for years reading posts here,there comical,most ppl at least

Trying to figure out why I bothered to join,lol,it's worse than a bingo game full of ld wash woman here

The "what have you done for me lately" mentality is taken to the extreme here. I wish we were more like isles fans or leafs fans who honesty believe their players are the best instead of always being down on our guys. We are some of the least loyal fans. A lot of us completely turned on the best thing to happen to this franchise since 94. Hank was literally a gift. Anyone who honestly believe we would be better off without him is insane. Isles have been bottom of the league for the majority of the past 2 decades. Look how far that's gotten them.

Going back to 89

2 1sts
2 2nds
1 3rd
3 4ths
5 5ths
1 6th
1 7th
1 8th
3 9ths
1 10th

Tanking isn't necessarily the answer to everything.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO

:yo: :yo: :yo:

As a big Torts fan, it was hard to come to terms with him being fired, especially after what he helped the team accomplish in 11-12 and even last season, to a lesser extent. But more and more, I'm starting to understand that a lot of bridges were burned and it was time to move on. That being said, your post hits the nail on the head for me.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Complaining about complaining? Ok.

Welcome friend.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
The "what have you done for me lately" mentality is taken to the extreme here. I wish we were more like isles fans or leafs fans who honesty believe their players are the best instead of always being down on our guys. We are some of the least loyal fans. A lot of us completely turned on the best thing to happen to this franchise since 94. Hank was literally a gift. Anyone who honestly believe we would be better off without him is insane. Isles have been bottom of the league for the majority of the past 2 decades. Look how far that's gotten them.

Tanking isn't necessarily the answer to everything.

I call ********.

If this fanbase can stick through the god-forsaken years of 1998-2004, they're a damn loyal fanbase.

You wish we were more like Isles fans? So go into hiding and abandon the team when they suck? Okay I see. :shakehead

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Anyone else get the sense that Torts' tirade was more for motivation and establishing leadership than anything else? Obviously what he did was not professional, but it may give the team a mentality of total allegiance to him and his vision for the Canuck's play.

Vidic15*

Anyone else get the sense that Torts' tirade was more for motivation and establishing leadership than anything else? Obviously what he did was not professional, but it may give the team a mentality of total allegiance to him and his vision for the Canuck's play.

Watch the brawl outside the Flames locker room again. Sullivan was there, as well. Those two guys are a couple of tyrants. Forget about sending a message, I think those two have serious anger issues. It's the friggin Flames!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad