How many players in the NHL are shorter/taller than their listed heights?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
So I recently met Malcolm Subban and was close enough to him to be able to tell there is a height discrepancy between us two. I’m basically 6’1 (185cm on the dot) and Malcolm was noticeably shorter than me. He is listed as 6’2 but in reality I think he is barely pushing 6’0. He was standing upright and didn’t seem to be slouching or anything of the sorts. Does anyone have other examples of NHL players being shorter (or even taller) than their listed height?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Podkolzin been listen from 6 foot 4 to 6 foot 1.

currently he is listed at 6 foot 1, but i doubt that he is even that tall,
i think, the photos ive seen and his games, he looks to be 6 foot 0.

Is Kasperi Kapanen really 6 foot 1?

When he was drafted he was 5 foot 10, in his rookie season,
he was listed at 5 foot 11, his dad Sami is 5 foot 10,
as is his grandfather Hannu, his cousin Oliver is 5 foot 11,
his brother Konsta is 5 foot 8 and his his uncle Kimmo is 6 foot 0.

Strong Hearts

Jun 15, 2021
Conor Garland is the most obvious one. He's listed as 5'10", when I think he himself claimed not too long ago to be 5'8".

Brock Boeser is listed at 6'1", but he seems a noticeable amount shorter than his linemate Elias Pettersson who's 6'2". I'd say Boeser is probably closer to 6'0".

Reactions: DaveG

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
The NBA had a strict mandate a few years ago now. Teams had to report truthfully on their Players measurements. Players were to be measured barefoot across the league. A lot of players shrunk by an inch or two. NHL could follow suit. But then again it's the NHL, slow to change.

Reactions: DaveG and Kerberos

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Most heights in sports that are physical in nature are exaggerated to make guys seem bigger then they are. Hockey is no exception. Most of the guys around and under 6 foot always get a couple of extra inches and pounds added to their profile.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
They measure themselves in the morning, you never meet them irl until late in the day, they play their games in the evening. So nobody is wrong. :sarcasm:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
There is absolutely no way that Crosby is 5'11'' I didn't meet him, but I stood about 10 feet away from him at the 2017 cup parade. There's not a person in the world that can convince me he's 5'11'' off skates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad