How many goals for Ovechkin this season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
I don’t know, don’t think this record chase is worth it. If he doesn’t get it this year, another summer of enduring pain? Leaving practices in pain? Before official training camp has even been opened. I am just thinking about life after hockey for him. But I guess he doesn’t need my concern.
Likely not as dire as you make it out to be.

I'll speculate though for the sake of speculation as there doesn't seem to be any detail at all provided here. My best guess is a groin strain or some sort of muscle strain. He didn't look in very good shape in some of the early summer photos....he's an older guy and perhaps trying to ramp it up too quickly to get back in shape and over did it....this is the type of things that happen.

Guess we'll wait and see though.

Reactions: banks

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Likely not as dire as you make it out to be.

I'll speculate though for the sake of speculation as there doesn't seem to be any detail at all provided here. My best guess is a groin strain or some sort of muscle strain. He didn't look in very good shape in some of the early summer photos....he's an older guy and perhaps trying to ramp it up too quickly to get back in shape and over did it....this is the type of things that happen.

Guess we'll wait and see though.

Yea, no doubt. We don’t know what this is. Sorry if I jumped to conclusions too fast on this one.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Yea, no doubt. We don’t know what this is. Sorry if I jumped to conclusions too fast on this one.
I think jumping to a conclusion that his career is in jeopardy isn't exactly that far fetched either, so lots of speculation can happen, especially when no details are provided.

Obviously people might call you crazy for suggesting his career is in jeopardy and I'd agree it's a very pessimistic speculation of the possible....but it is possible, he'll be 39 next month.....didn't look in great shape earlier this summer, etc. Do I think he'll have to deal with something long term here? No, I don't, but I'm also not going to quickly shake it off as a non-issue too quickly either.

I do think someone at this stage in their career are more susceptible to tweaks at this point in the year (just getting started again) than say mid-season though....so perhaps that is less concerning? Not sure.

Reactions: coooldude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad