How do you fix the Wings?

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Rumors starting about Stamkos to the Wings, thoughts?

Could Steven Stamkos Sign with the Detroit Red Wings?​

He's proven he can carry a team on his back in the playoffs. He definitely dispels the vacuum we saw when Larkin was out. But, he costs a lot.
If the price and term are right, I'd absolutely love him on the team. We still need a top 6 Winger, maybe two if 🍔 isn't on the roster.

Cat-Larkin-Raymond
Berggren-Stamkos-???
Copp-Compher-Fabbri
Ras-Veleno-Fischer

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I still see us pckg'ing our 2025 1st plus plus for a dman like Shea Theodore, and then either resigning Kane or another FA forward...

While I'd like to improve between rhe pipes, I still see us running back a Husso and Lyon tandem

My predictions
- 2025 1st plus Matta, Wallinder and Soderblom/Hanas for Theodore and a late pick
- Resign Fischer x2 years, Perron x1 year, Kane x3 years, Veleno x 1 year, Perry(or equivalent) x 1 year
- Fabbri traded to Utah for a 3rd
- Holl buy out
- Husso and Lyon tandem
- Edvinsson, Johansson and Beggren on team with no other rookies

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
I still see us pckg'ing our 2025 1st plus plus for a dman like Shea Theodore, and then either resigning Kane or another FA forward...

While I'd like to improve between rhe pipes, I still see us running back a Husso and Lyon tandem

My predictions
- 2025 1st plus Matta, Wallinder and Soderblom/Hanas for Theodore and a late pick
- Resign Fischer x2 years, Perron x1 year, Kane x3 years, Veleno x 1 year, Perry(or equivalent) x 1 year
- Fabbri traded to Utah for a 3rd
- Holl buy out
- Husso and Lyon tandem
- Edvinsson, Johansson and Beggren on team with no other rookies
Am I missing something with Utah?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Do you mean the former Arizona Coyotes? As a pseudo expansion (relocation) they will likely need a few guys to hit the cap floor.

The new owner wants to win, they will have nothing to do with Holl or Fabbri. Hitting the floor is pretty easy, they'll be bidding for UFA d-men like Pesce, etc. I expect them to drive UFA salaries up this offseason because they have so much cap space, and they'll probably spend most of it.

SJS is a more probable destination for a cap dump.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
If the price and term are right, I'd absolutely love him on the team. We still need a top 6 Winger, maybe two if 🍔 isn't on the roster.

Cat-Larkin-Raymond
Berggren-Stamkos-???
Copp-Compher-Fabbri
Ras-Veleno-Fischer

Stamkos is a winger at this point. That’s your top 6 winger.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
How will we know unless we give it a chance?

(I like Pesce too, and his game is not particularly reliant on speed or raw athleticism so there's no obvious reason for concern about how he will age; do you worry he just takes too many hard miles, too much punishment?)
Damn autocorrect 😂

Yeah, hard miles. Lots of physical abuse shutting down the best players.

Reactions: Sadekuuro

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
The new owner wants to win, they will have nothing to do with Holl or Fabbri. Hitting the floor is pretty easy, they'll be bidding for UFA d-men like Pesce, etc. I expect them to drive UFA salaries up this offseason because they have so much cap space, and they'll probably spend most of it.

SJS is a more probable destination for a cap dump.

It's certainly possible that big name FAs flock to an expansion team all at once, however, I'd say it's more probable that they make a # of more measured actions to improve, ie Fabbri level players

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It's certainly possible that big name FAs flock to an expansion team all at once, however, I'd say it's more probable that they make a # of more measured actions to improve, ie Fabbri level players

It's the Coyotes roster, they were winning earlier in the season then collapsed. If they upgrade the defense and Cooley takes the next step, they are easily a bubble team. The Avs won the Cup their first season in Denver.

Plus SLC isn't a bad place to live, and they're gonna build a new hockey arena. What's not to love? (Aside from 3.2 beer. That's just lame.)

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
It's the Coyotes roster, they were winning earlier in the season then collapsed. If they upgrade the defense and Cooley takes the next step, they are easily a bubble team. The Avs won the Cup their first season in Denver.

Plus SLC isn't a bad place to live, and they're gonna build a new hockey arena. What's not to love? (Aside from 3.2 beer. That's just lame.)

Yeah

Wait...didn't the Avs start with one of the greatest HoFers ever and then add one of the best goalies to ever play the game?

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Fabbri to San Jose for Jacob Peterson

Maatta to Utah for a 2025 3rd

Walman to Calgary for Vancouver 2024 1st

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah

Wait...didn't the Avs start with one of the greatest HoFers ever and then add one of the best goalies to ever play the game?

You missed the point. The point is that UFAs are not going to avoid Utah just because they relocated.

I remember that first season because I lived in Westminster and worked in Denver. Sold out arena, though McNichols was pretty crappy as far as NHL arena.

Plus, they have some decent building blocks, even if they don't have Sakic. Cooley's only 19 and had 44 pts in his rookie campaign. (For reference, Sakic had 62pts as 19YO rookie, but was also -36.)

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
You missed the point. The point is that UFAs are not going to avoid Utah just because they relocated.

I remember that first season because I lived in Westminster and worked in Denver. Sold out arena, though McNichols was pretty crappy as far as NHL arena.

Plus, they have some decent building blocks, even if they don't have Sakic. Cooley's only 19 and had 44 pts in his rookie campaign. (For reference, Sakic had 62pts as 19YO rookie, but was also -36.)

I am not saying UFAs will pass on Utah cause of geography, I just was saying UFAs chose Colorado specifically because of Sakic and Forsberg and then Roy..

Utah will be more like Seattle and maybe Vegas it's 1st year in the league..

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Anyone think theres a chance we might or should move walman? I was hesitant at first but maybe chiarot can play with seider for a year and allow seider to be more offensive

This is all if we end up bringing gost back for 2 years(max term id do). Maybe with a little extra walman can get back a 1st rounder?? Can use the pick in a separate deal

I wanted matt roy thinking he can be had for around 4 mill given he cant crack 20 pts but seravalli thinks hell get 5.5 (wtf)

Chiarot seider
Gostisbehere roy
Edvinsson johansson

Anyways with seider and raymond needing deals I don't see how yzerman doesn't trade fabbri and maata to free up 7 million and I think veleno is gone I cant see us wasting 2+ mill on a 4th liner when I already see Rasmussen end up being there

That being said if we cant get rid of copp I'm shoving him on as 4c for 3 years lol

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Anyone think theres a chance we might or should move walman? I was hesitant at first but maybe chiarot can play with seider for a year and allow seider to be more offensive

This is all if we end up bringing gost back for 2 years(max term id do). Maybe with a little extra walman can get back a 1st rounder?? Can use the pick in a separate deal

I wanted matt roy thinking he can be had for around 4 mill given he cant crack 20 pts but seravalli thinks hell get 5.5 (wtf)

Chiarot seider
Gostisbehere roy
Edvinsson johansson

Anyways with seider and raymond needing deals I don't see how yzerman doesn't trade fabbri and maata to free up 7 million and I think veleno is gone I cant see us wasting 2+ mill on a 4th liner when I already see Rasmussen end up being there

That being said if we cant get rid of copp I'm shoving him on as 4c for 3 years lol
f*** no. Just keep Walman as he's better and cheaper than Ghost.

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Roy

Would be a waaaay better top 4.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Chiarot seider
Gostisbehere roy
Edvinsson johansson

SY is going to trade for a top end dman this summer...ie Theodore

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Chiarot seider
Gostisbehere roy
Edvinsson johansson

Walman is a guy I'd definitely be willing to move is it's in a package for a better player. But if I'm forced to choose between keeping him or keeping Ghost, I take Walman all day every day.

Ghost went from having plus offense and tolerable defense, to having average offense and horrendous defense. I'd sooner give his minutes to the kids and let them learn than watch a veteran continue to have no clue what he's doing when the other team has the puck.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It was a mistake to not bring kids last season. Edvinsson, AJo , Kasper, Berggren, Mazur, should be with Wings game one.
Danielson, Soderblom and Cossa with GR and have some games with Wings.
If team in the middle of the NHL , bring some good players over for playoffs rush
If team in the bottom of NHL , so be it, we have nice draft 2025.
It's all about being good team for long time and for that prospects need to get evaluated and develop .

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It was a mistake to not bring kids last season. Edvinsson, AJo , Kasper, Berggren, Mazur, should be with Wings game one.
Danielson, Soderblom and Cossa with GR and have some games with Wings.
If team in the middle of the NHL , bring some good players over for playoffs rush
If team in the bottom of NHL , so be it, we have nice draft 2025.
It's all about being good team for long time and for that prospects need to get evaluated and develop .
Ed should have been up permanently midseason. The other kids haven't even shown that they're anything more than average AHLers. Though I would have preferred so see one of them instead of ZAR and Czarnik, while Czarnik may be better in the AHL than the kids, he's too small for the NHL.

Putting AHLers on the roster doesn't make the team better, it'll just be a repeat of the previous 5 seasons. High draft picks doesn't guarantee automatic NHL success, it's like nobody learned anything from having to watch Zadina, Svech, and Cholo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad