How attractive is Ottawa?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah I should have said, if anyone wants a tour of the two nice blocks in Detroit let me know.

I like your logic though - it's all about the money almost all the time.

I doubt Ottawa being a nice city matters much to a young single player or an older player with a family.

They're going to live in the nice area and during the summer they probably won't even be in Ottawa unless they grew up here.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
I like your logic though - it's all about the money almost all the time.

I doubt Ottawa being a nice city matters much to a young single player or an older player with a family.

They're going to live in the nice area and during the summer they probably won't even be in Ottawa unless they grew up here.

But you can say that about most citys in Canada.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Rideau Centre is going to be very intersting when the renos are done its going from a good mall to more of a upscale mall.

Hahaha

The Rideau Centre? An upscale mall?!

Sorry bud, the McDonald's and Tim Horton's are still going to be just across the street: until those go away that strip will remain the depressing sight it is and overrun by the scum of the earth once 8 PM hits

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
Hahaha

Sorry bud, the McDonald's and Tim Horton's are still going to be just across the street: until those go away that strip will remain the depressing sight it is

It is going upscale the renovations are going to do great things for not only the mall but the area as well.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
NORDSTROM was on someone's list of rich people criteria earlier, no?

Also Vanier is on the upswing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
When people say Vanier is bad they usually mean Overbrook

Overbrook is easily the worst part of town and it's still very good compared to other places I've been to in my travels

All it is is deadbeats getting drunk on their lawns all day

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Hahaha

Sorry bud, the McDonald's and Tim Horton's are still going to be just across the street: until those go away that strip will remain the depressing sight it is and overrun by the scum of the earth once 8 PM hits

That happens in every major city. Most street people have undiagnosed or untreated mental issues, and most turn to drugs. The best place to get money and score those drugs is downtown.

You wanna solve the homeless problem? That goes way way deeper than telling the drunk guy panhandling to leave the mcdicks storefront.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Hmm, I seem to recall there were a few teams in on Clarkson, and he took less to go to Toronto. I don’t remember any other UFAs they were reported to be after. Can you? They re-signed Kessel, when many seemed to think he was as good as gone. I’ll be curious to see if Ottawa can keep Ryan. I have my doubts.

Ottawa offered 100k more per year and he chose Toronto.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
torlev

I think Clarkson being from Toronto is the main reason he did sign there.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Word of mouth from Tim Murray to me during the meet and greet for season ticket holders after the development camp last summer. Tim, Pierre, Bryan were all there
Bryan rushed out after but Tim Murray and Pierre dorion stayed and talked to fans.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville

Overbrook is easily the worst part of town and it's still very good compared to other places I've been to in my travels

We have lots of those in Oakville. Difference being they are worth millions. Come to think of it, there's also a certain mayor in the region that might hang on his lawn piss drunk.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto

I will take you to sections of Oakland, CA that will make Overbrook look like Cedar Hill! :D

John Holmes*

I was reading about Vanier a couple weeks ago lots of investment going on there which is a good sign.

Very close to downtown, right near both rivers. Definitely a prime location.

For those with long term vision anyway.

It takes time for a neighborhood to turn around. Greenbank and Baseline used to be a public housing cesspool. Overbrook was bad in the 70's and 80's. Vanier at its' worst (yellow cop car era) was far worse than anything I've ever seen in overbrook.

Overbrook is practically all resdential.

Good people will slowly take over and the dregs will get pushed out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad