How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It's hard to believe Vancouver gave up a 2nd rounder to get him only for him to play 4 games before leaving the league altogether.

Noronen had some momentum going into the lockout but once Miller emerged that ended that. Thought he could have had a longer career than he did.

I always felt like switching back and forth between Biron and Noronen just f***ed with ‘em both mentally- obviously if he were actually good you’d think he’d pop sometime, but still, preferred him and was bummed he never got to really.. probably disappoint, but whatever.

Oh, and that’s lame. Finnish society seems to actually function, he should contribute to that. Don’t be like an American company.

Also, Mogilny should be in the hall. Honestly- someone needs to sneak him in. Just like how he got from Russia, friggin covertly move his bust where it belongs.

Best/worst idea I’ve had today.

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I always felt like switching back and forth between Biron and Noronen just f***ed with ‘em both mentally- obviously if he were actually good you’d think he’d pop sometime, but still, preferred him and was bummed he never got to really.. probably disappoint, but whatever.

Oh, and that’s lame. Finnish society seems to actually function, he should contribute to that. Don’t be like an American company.

Also, Mogilny should be in the hall. Honestly- someone needs to sneak him in. Just like how he got from Russia, friggin covertly move his bust where it belongs.

Best/worst idea I’ve had today.

Mogilny not getting in the Hall while Roenick gets in sorta makes me sad this year.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I can’t believe they picked Roenick, period.
Clearly it's a farce that Mogilny isn't in the HOF.

But I don't understand the point on JR, at all. 513-703-1216 in 1363 GP over 20(!) seasons. 42nd all time in goals, 46th points. Bulk of his prime in the dead puck era. 4th leading American scorer ever. One of the iconic players of his generation.

That's a no-doubt HOF career.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Clearly it's a farce that Mogilny isn't in the HOF.

But I don't understand the point on JR, at all. 513-703-1216 in 1363 GP over 20(!) seasons. 42nd all time in goals, 46th points. Bulk of his prime in the dead puck era. 4th leading American scorer ever. One of the iconic players of his generation.

That's a no-doubt HOF career.
All of his best seasons were before the dead puck era. He was never top-5 in scoring in any season. His total career hardware is a single silver medal in the Olympics. I think he mostly got in because he was a star marketed by the league at the time, and his broadcasting career (i.e. he's popular and the HHOF is at least partially a popularity contest).

Reactions: oldgoalie

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
All of his best seasons were before the dead puck era. He was never top-5 in scoring in any season. His total career hardware is a single silver medal in the Olympics. I think he mostly got in because he was a star marketed by the league at the time, and his broadcasting career (i.e. he's popular and the HHOF is at least partially a popularity contest).
Yes, it makes sense that his best seasons were before deadpuck...killed scoring. That's kinda the point. His scoring would be even more impressive if it were indexed to the seasons he played in

There's something to be said for longevity. 20 seasons is very rare. Also not sure how you figure a 500-goal scorer doesn't deserve it. Average 25 goals for 20 seasons lol.

Most opposition I've seen comes from folks white knighting over his unceremonious exit from NBC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad