How are they doing now? (Former Sabres Players) Top 100 pics/stories

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

That was really good.

:lol:

Michael Gilbert, Sabres communications director: Here’s a moment people still talk about now: During the 2004-05 lockout, he played in my senior beer league. Our teams were playing, and he thought he was coming after me but crushed an older guy on our team. So my brother went after him, and Lindy went back at him, calling each other assholes. That’s all he knew, playing hard.

I believe that's Denis Gilbert's dad in that story.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rasmus Asplund 2.0, err Marcus Davidsson moving to Assat from Tappara in the Finn Liiga with his brother Jonathon. Know best as the pick they made two players before Jason Robertson or another way as the first player selected in 2017 who has never played an NHL game.

Reactions: The Blunder Years

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I see Vanek's son (named for his bro-mance Wheeler) was drafted in the USHL draft:

Blake Vanek, Chicago, R3, 44th overall

The genes are there as Blake’s father, Thomas, enjoyed a successful NHL career and racked up 373 NHL goals. However, Blake has shown the ability to make plays with the puck on his stick too.

A hockey player skates during a game.

Vanek had 20 points in 25 games this season at Stillwater (Minn.) High School and gives the Steel a future piece with a lot of offensive potential.

I wonder if he uses his dad's curve?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

My dad brought me to this game when I was probably 10-11 or so. Memory I’ll hold in my heart forever.

After they scored 2 grown men had tears in their eyes and hugging next to my dad and I. I obviously understood how big the goal was at the time cause I was a hockey nerd, but I thought their reaction was over the top with the tears.

Then we chanted Sabres on the warpath as a crowd all the way out of the building.

After this drought, I could imagine my buddies and I having this reaction just for getting IN the playoffs. It’s been a rough go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad