How about those "Rick Bowness less" Winnipeg Jets?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I know it's early but boy they sure look good. Without Rick behind the bench this year, I was predicting this team to take a big step back. But that clearly has not been the case.

1) Hellebuyck has been a beast posting a .948SV% and a 1.40GAA.
2) They have the best goal differential in the league.
3) League leading with 6 wins.
4) Fewest goals allowed in the league (10GA in 6 games).
5) 4th in goals for with 27.

They could have the most underrated top line in the league with Villardi - Schiefele - Connor. Scott Arniel has obviously implemented a sound defensive system with the team from day one.

Could they be the cinderella team this year? Anyone else surprised?

This will be a breakout year for Perfetti.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Scott Arniel did excellent relieving him in his absence last season.

Arniel is a good coach, he was behind the bench for the Moose going to the finals. As for Columbus... that's another story.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah I'm all for seeing Winnipeg succeed but regular season success is pretty meaningless at this point, now it's all about not being easily brushed aside in the first round of the playoffs.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Some fans, like to talk early season results but I'm not one of them. I'm super happy with their results so far, could be much worse (see some of the other projected playoff teams) but far from getting too excited at this point.

Reactions: Thechozen1

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
They haven't really had a tough schedule to start the season. It's nice to come out of the gates and put together a win streak, but like any season they'll have their ups and downs. I'd say we're ahead of the curve as most of the teams we've played are still figuring their systems and structure out this early in October and I don't think Arniel has changed much from Rick's systems.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They do not have the best goal differential in the NHL. They're 2nd.

1729738698653.png

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yeah I'm all for seeing Winnipeg succeed but regular season success is pretty meaningless at this point, now it's all about not being easily brushed aside in the first round of the playoffs.
As a jets fan I’ll take what I can get and have no confidence in the team come playoffs so why not take what joy I can now.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They haven't really had a tough schedule to start the season. It's nice to come out of the gates and put together a win streak, but like any season they'll have their ups and downs. I'd say we're ahead of the curve as most of the teams we've played are still figuring their systems and structure out this early in October and I don't think Arniel has changed much from Rick's systems.
What is a tough schedule other than back-to-back as our whole division has struggled. Is playing Utah a team who is finally doing well after a long time in the desert a tough game?

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I love early season threads
Hey now! It's not like Winnipeg started out hot last year before collapsing after the month of January!And they're not streaky either - they definetly didn't go on a big winning streak to save the season last year.... before collapsing as soon as they got to the playoffs

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
They are playing well now. Playing well at the end of the season is more important. There will be a few teams that go this over the next 75 games.

I will say the team is playing better than last year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad