Proposal: Horvat for Kane 50% and a 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
He's also making 7mil in a league where no one has cap space because of the flat cap and the fact that contracts are ridiculous now. It's not purely a matter of character issues, even if those are significant.
That's just not true. There are plenty of teams with cap space that passed on him. Teams that could desperately use a productive player for free.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
That's just not true. There are plenty of teams with cap space that passed on him. Teams that could desperately use a productive player for free.
Teams that probably know that the Sharks are willing to retain in a trade and didn't want to take on all 7mil at once. I have a feeling this isn't over yet.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
My yearly trade offer to flamed by those who I flame

Kane @50% with a 1st to Vancouver for Horvat

Why might this trade work? Both fan bases will hate it( that is usually a good starting point)

Why Vancouver does this trade? They need to do something in the room and it sounds like Horvat is on the wrong side of the room. Kane brings a headache but the first softens the blow if the buy him out in the off season

Why does San Jose do it? They lose Kane's headache and gain a two way forward who up to now was very reliable and dependable for an all around game

the 50%? no team will touch Kane at full price.

FLAME AWAY

Rather just buy out Kane and keep a top-ten pick.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
OP indicates Vancouver would simply buy him out

If Vancouver is trading him simply for the buyout then San Jose is including TWO 1st round picks.

that's 6 years of dead cap with 3 of those years averaging about $4 million for the next 3

Not when it's at 50%. Sharks would eat half the buyout too.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Sharks aren't getting anything useful from Kane. Kane at 50% for a player to be named later is the value.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And the Nucks sure as hell are not trading Horvat for Kane and a 1st even if Kane came with 100% retention if it was possible.

Didn't say they were. If Vancouver is supposedly looking to move a cancer, they aren't going to bring one in.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
take out kane and horvat and just make it

SJ 1st for benning and green

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
only on HF boards would a player who has consistently put up 65+ PPGe over the last 5 seasons have "negative value"

and you wonder why the people that matter call us "ass clowns"

Being a total POS has ramifications like having negative value and that's not even considering his big cap hit and finally if this wasn't true your team wouldn't have waived him would they?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Our 2022 1st? No chance. Not risking gifting Vancouver a lottery pick. If we could put top 10 protection, maybe, but then I'm nervous about the next draft.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
People are seriously on this forum pretending that the sole reason why Kane was waived was because of his behavior and not because he needed a conditioning stint. It's pretty funny.

The only reason why nobody claimed him is the same reason teams don't offersheet RFAs. It would've been a classless gesture that only scumbag teams like Carolina would have pulled.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
People are seriously on this forum pretending that the sole reason why Kane was waived was because of his behavior and not because he needed a conditioning stint. It's pretty funny.

The only reason why nobody claimed him is the same reason teams don't offersheet RFAs. It would've been a classless gesture that only scumbag teams like Carolina would have pulled.

upload_2021-11-29_18-34-22.gif

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
only on HF boards would a player who has consistently put up 65+ PPGe over the last 5 seasons have "negative value"

and you wonder why the people that matter call us "ass clowns"
Kane doesn't have negative value due to his on ice play.
Please tell me you're not ignorant enough to believe that is the reason

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
I am not sure that decimating already questionable center depth for another winger really helps the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad