GDT: Hockey Club @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Thank you devils fuuuuuck Utah!! I got banned from the Utah board f*** them!!!

my-man-my-man-hd.gif

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Rod's got his toughest coaching challenge yet tbh, it's a roster that looks like the 23-24 Flyers from top to bottom. But maybe, their bums always kill us whenever we play. If Kotkaniemi does anything of note tomorrow...........

Aho and Slavin alone blow away anything the Flyers had

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Aho and Slavin alone blow away anything the Flyers had

The Flyers had Konency and Tippett last year, the point was that they're both rosters who have no superstar and rely on a team game to consistently win and their coaching is their best asset. Also not to mention, lack of goalie for both clubs.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Fitz has done a TREMENDOUS job with the defense, it doesn't get talked about enough
I'll give him full marks but I'm sure he'd be the first one to say he got lucky with how good Kovy has been. Siegs finally being fully healthy and bouncing back along with Dr.
Evil has been a pleasant development as well.

Reactions: Dialamo and Guadana

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The Flyers had Konency and Tippett last year, the point was that they're both rosters who have no superstar and rely on a team game to consistently win and their coaching is their best asset. Also not to mention, lack of goalie for both clubs.

Aho and Slavin they are not. The Canes are definitely a better roster with legit stars in Aho and Slavin.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
Finally!
Man, people were calling for him to be benched, claiming he was a net negative on the ice.

He was playing nowhere near his potential, zero argument from me. But he was seriously injured last year and on a terribly coached team. And this year his line was still driving play (even before today).

It's just unwarranted.
ridiculous…he should have been benched and he absolutely was, and still generally is a net negative on the ice. He’s a gimmick offense only player who gives the puck away constantly and makes ill advised passes and brings nothing physical or defensively. He is light years away from being one of the best players in the league right now.
Keller looked way way better than him in this game. As do most of his higher end American peers.

Just stop with the baseless defending on this kid. He doesn’t even have a redeeming hard working personality.

Pump up Casey instead. Atleast he looks like a star player most of the time.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Finally!

ridiculous…he should have been benched and he absolutely was, and still generally is a net negative on the ice. He’s a gimmick offense only player who gives the puck away constantly and makes ill advised passes and brings nothing physical or defensively. He is light years away from being one of the best players in the league right now.
Keller looked way way better than him in this game. As do most of his higher end American peers.

Just stop with the baseless defending on this kid. He doesn’t even have a redeeming hard working personality.

Oh this is getting bookmarked.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'll give him full marks but I'm sure he'd be the first one to say he got lucky with how good Kovy has been. Siegs finally being fully healthy and bouncing back along with Dr.

Tbf, Pens fans said Marino sometimes had signs of being a head case with his play. That was probably why he was traded since Siegs has been pretty steady overall in NJ besides the calamity of last year and had that good pairing with Hamilton in 22-23 and before that. I want to say the Swiss thing helped Siegs too but Fitz traded Akira :laugh::laugh:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Finally!

You do know we won the game, right? ...Right?

Camille the Eel

Noesen stays on the first power play, replacing Meier (who goes with unit 2) after this if I'm the coach. We looked lights out better with him on the first unit. It opened up the bumper and created screens. Hope to see it again tomorrow in Carolina. (In contrast, Meier losing the puck on power play one, with a cross ice pass to nowhere). Meier will juice the second unit playing with Casey.

I also like how Hughes is playing more of a team game within an overall structure, just doing his job. I'd rather win games than see him pad his stats. Doing both together would be nice too all the same.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I think he targeted the same thing he did in Siegs as he did now with Kovachevic. I would say Miller would be even better example - big defenseman who can play with the puck and cover a lot of zone.

Overall Fitz is working actively on the market and it looks mostly only for good no matter what kind of an act he is doing. Would be great if he will develop his forward vision or... forward department. Both Cotter and Noesen are great addition, but still we are far away from finding better players for center depth/top-6 dominant play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad