GDT: Hockey Club @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
We won’t be sniffing a cup if Jack doesn’t start playing better so yea I’m focused on the long term… as you should be if you truly give a f*** about this team

We also aren't sniffing a Cup if he's a 60-70 point grinder 1C, you live with his mistakes because most times he'll make up for those mistakes 5x or 10x fold. Isles destroyed Barzal in similar manner and look at them now from the 2020/2021 ECF runs

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Wouldn't mind if Timo gets moved to the second unit full time... Really need to spread some talent around because the gap between the PP units is Mt Everest sized.

I wish we had someone who could take the PP2 Center role from Haula. I like Haula just fine for what he is, but I don't want him on the PP.

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
You are arguing against a straw man. Plenty of posters (including me) are willing to acknowledge that Jack has not been good so far in this season.

But he's coming off surgery and we're winning even though he's not at his best. The sky is not falling, we can afford to wait and see if he improves.

Whereas you're leaping straight to (I think I'm paraphrasing you fairly here): "he sucks and is the reason we won't win a Cup", when it's f***ing October.

I’m not freaking about a potential lack of cup. I’m desiring our team to have a true star player and to my eyes, Jack is a fraud. He is absolutely garbage 95% of the time. He makes a nice pass on the power play and gets his teammate a tap in goal and we’re all like “See!! He’s amazing!”

I’m freaking because if he isn’t the guy, we won’t be a perennial cup contender, period. And that bothers me. But since everyone blindly thinks he’s amazing I guess it’s all good 🤦‍♂🤷‍♂️

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
*whispers* Nico
1728938437525.png

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
Maybe we should trade him for Kakko. I’m sure the Rangers would make that trade

Considering Kakko is pretty meh himself no thanks. But again, why over simplify my point with a useless comparison.

If you’re defending Jack then just say that so I know you’re not watching the player objectively. How anyone can defend him after his play, his attitude and his comments, is really beyond me.

But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, we’re about 3 weeks away potentially from christofascism

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Considering Kakko is pretty meh himself no thanks. But again, why over simplify my point with a useless comparison.

If you’re defending Jack then just say that so I know you’re not watching the player objectively. How anyone can defend him after his play, his attitude and his comments, is really beyond me.

But I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, we’re about 3 weeks away potentially from chistofascism
Jack rules, he's good, he's fun, and he's usually right. Haters get ye gone.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I’m not freaking about a potential lack of cup. I’m desiring our team to have a true star player and to my eyes, Jack is a fraud. He is absolutely garbage 95% of the time. He makes a nice pass on the power play and gets his teammate a tap in goal and we’re all like “See!! He’s amazing!”

I’m freaking because if he isn’t the guy, we won’t be a perennial cup contender, period. And that bothers me. But since everyone blindly thinks he’s amazing I guess it’s all good 🤦‍♂🤷‍♂️
I’ll take some more of those 100 point per 82 games guys if you can find them; even if you’ll think they’re garbage 95% of the time.

Those guys are often referred to as superstars but you know better than basically the rest of the world.

I know you’ll have some hyperbolic response so know ahead of time that I think whatever reasoning you continue to restate is a joke.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
So, the faceoffs will just win themselves on the first unit, is it? :sarcasm:
I'd be legitimately interested in a large scale and long term analysis of faceoff percentage and PP success rates.

He’s an overrated gimmick hockey player who has a shit attitude, acts like a petulant child and is praised beyond what any metric or eye test should say he deserves
I'm nto gonna argue with "the eye test" because it'll say whatever you want.

But the metrics say he's been one of the best centers in the league over the past 3 seasons. And given that nobody is claiming he's better than McDavid, I don't think anyone is praising him beyond that, lmao

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
I’ll take some more of those 100 point per 82 games guys if you can find them; even if you’ll think they’re garbage 95% of the time.

Those guys are often referred to as superstars but you know better than basically the rest of the world.

I know you’ll have some hyperbolic response so know ahead that I think whatever reasoning you continue to restate is a joke.
He used to stack points. And he objectively had 1.5 good years. I won’t take that away from him. But no…he’s not nearly as good as you all make him out to be. He’s one dimensional and even that dimension isn’t good right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad