Mar 13, 2012
"well coached"

1728943870853.png

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Jack 2022/2023

View attachment 916665

Guess he was bad that season!!! We must be toast this season too. Ugh, what a shame. Someone post the draft watch thread already…

The way people started to act like he was bad to start 22-23 to justify his bad start this year is crazy. He was out of this world from the moment 22-23 started. He played incredible hockey. Drove play like crazy and created a f*** ton of chances. He played better hockey to start that year than he did last year. This year doesn’t even remotely compare

How does Nico have a game so out of line with his linemates?

Because he scored. You can see on the breakdown the goal is driving most of the difference

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Does he expound on this? I do like the puck movement on it though think we could use a little more of the Dougie point bombs
I can’t speak to what he’s thinking but I think the prior thought about the spread nature is probably true.

Using the PP goal as a template of one way the PP can go. The moments sometimes have many seconds/different parts of the play so it’s not linear.

IMG_6027.jpeg

PP default “settle” position is Bratt with the puck and Hughes as far out of the play as possible to give him maximum space. Hughes also can read the ice the most.

I think if teams kept a guy closer to Hughes then they likely create a triangle of shooting between Bratt, Hamilton, and the bumper.

IMG_6029.jpeg

Hughes has the puck with lots of space. This lets him start skating downhill and read if he can go inside or if he must go outside.

IMG_6030.jpeg

When Hughes goes outside then he may get a shooting look but if not then he travels the whole outside of the rink. This will cause the defenders shape to deform and Hughes will have possible passing opportunities before the net, after the net, in the corner, at the half board, or he can just continue skating.

The team generally appears to collapse down low when Hughes goes around in an attempt to find passing lanes and to try and keep defenders from pressuring Hughes.

—————————

So I don’t know what Han was thinking but for today the Devils PP featured skating and distance from the goal as how to create good looks and those aren’t usually how you try to create PP looks.

Reactions: youryeah

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The way people started to act like he was bad to start 22-23 to justify his bad start this year is crazy. He was out of this world from the moment 22-23 started. He played incredible hockey. Drove play like crazy and created a f*** ton of chances. He played better hockey to start that year than he did last year. This year doesn’t even remotely compare

Because he scored. You can see on the breakdown the goal is driving most of the difference
Definitely not remembering his start to 22/23 correctly. He was visibly rusty to start that year. The stats also back that up.

xGF% Team Ranking per game via Natural Stat Trick

2022-2023

Game 1: 12th (13th 5 v 5)

Game 2: 3rd (8th 5 v 5)

Game 3: 7th (10th 5 v 5)

Game 4: 6th (9th 5 v 5)

Game 5: 6th (3rd 5 v 5)

Game 6: 13th (17th 5 v 5) !!

1 goal, 2 assists, -2

2024-2025

Game 1: 6th (7th 5 v 5)

Game 2: 10th (6th 5 v 5)

Game 3: 1st (5th 5 v 5)

Game 4: 7th (6th 5 v 5)

Game 5: 2nd (6th 5 v 5)

0 goals, 3 assists, +3

It can be argued that had had a better start this season than 22/23

Its all semantics. Jack is an incredible player and he will get going as he always has. Way too many posters get on way too many players cases too early every season. I just never understood that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad