GDT: Hockey Club @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013

Here's the full media availability. I like the answers he has given on other areas too.

This has to be one of the most encouraging things I’ve read about Jack in a long time. Although admittedly I don’t think Jack has been particularly good or even noticeable defensively except for a steal he had in the Caps game, but I’m thrilled we have a coach that is willing to even speak about Jacks inefficiencies and how they’re working on them.

This is huge step, sadly. But I’ll take it.
I hope these conversations behind closed doors are a lot more honest and critical about how much sucking he’s been doing.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

kYnSk2t.gif

9FqbdNA.gif

bPrP7Ph.jpg

v7Kbnmh.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS (3-1-0) vs. UTAH HOCKEY CLUB (3-0-0)

New Jersey hosts the Utah Hockey Club for the first time in team history. The Devils return home after their first “road” game of the season, a 5-3 win at Washington Saturday night.

Devils Team Scope:
While Jesper Bratt (1g-2a) and Timo Meier (2g-1a) have three-game point streaks, it’s been the Devils unsung heroes that have led the charge for the club in the opening three games. Paul Cotter has a team best four goals and is tied with Stefan Noesen for the points lead at five. Meanwhile, Noesen’s four assists are tied for the team lead with Erik Haula’s four.

Cotter and Noesen aren’t the only newcomers that have made an immediate impact on the team. Johnathan Kovacevic has been playing big minutes while adding three points on the year (1g-2a). Rookie blueliner Seamus Casey has two goals in his first four NHL games.

Goaltender Jacob Markstrom is 2-1 since joining the Devils. With the game against Utah being the first of back-to-back contests, it isn’t clear whether he or Jake Allen will get the start.

Utah Team Scope:
Utah couldn’t have asked for a better start. The Utah Hockey Club has been perfect, winning the opening three games of their season, including the inaugural game in Salt Lake City, 5-2, against Chicago. Since then, the Hockey Club is on the road for a four-game road trip that has started with overtime victories at the Islanders (5-4) and Rangers (6-5).

Dylan Guenther, who scored the first goal for Utah in franchise history, is having a remarkable start to his sophomore season. He has five goals in the opening three games, most in the NHL. Clayton Keller leads the team with six points (3g-3a) while Barrett Hayton (3g-2a) and Logan Cooley (5a) have also chipped in offensively.

INJURIES

Devils:

L.Hughes (shoulder), Pesce (ankle), Hatakka (upper-body), Vilen (upper-body), Beckman (lower-body)

Utah HC:
Bjugstad (upper-body), Marino (upper-body)

vaHLNPt.png

zJxBgHK.jpg

vUJFjb4.gif

QI6EYeb.jpg

BP4CgLg.gif

Awesome GDT! LGD!

Reactions: JK3

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
John Marino is on the IR so looks like there won't be one of those "Welcome back" tributes today on the jumbotron.

Hopefully you posted that in jest. :laugh: Two seasons, one of them mediocre at best, shouldn't warrant a video of any sort unless he happens to be in someone else's highlight reel.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I'd have preferred Markstrom today and Allen tomorrow. Utah's offense scares me a lot more than Carolina.

3 starts in under 5 days vs 3 starts in 6 days for Markstrom weighs heavily here I think. Also Carolina is a divisional matchup so I get why Keefe is going with Allen today.

Boys need to be defensively sound today. Utah can score in bunches and don’t need a lot of shots to do so. If we establish our forecheck we can work over their D. Never know what to expect in matinees but hopefully fans in attendance have something to cheer for today

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'd have preferred Markstrom today and Allen tomorrow. Utah's offense scares me a lot more than Carolina.

Disagree, one goal could be the game versus how stingy Carolina is and how they always play this f***ing team with their bums scoring. There's going to be a ton of chances for NJ in this game to score 4-5 today.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
This has to be one of the most encouraging things I’ve read about Jack in a long time. Although admittedly I don’t think Jack has been particularly good or even noticeable defensively except for a steal he had in the Caps game, but I’m thrilled we have a coach that is willing to even speak about Jacks inefficiencies and how they’re working on them.

This is huge step, sadly. But I’ll take it.
I hope these conversations behind closed doors are a lot more honest and critical about how much sucking he’s been doing.
The correct answer is that Jack has his head up his ass, can't skate, is a turnover machine, and should be benched.

Keefe clearly doesn't spend enough time in here to understand what's REALLY going on.

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad