GDT: HNIC: Rangers visit Toronto - 10/19/24 - 7PM EST SN/CBC

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It's the Leafs. They will win the tough ones then flub the no way we lose one's finishing one pt over .500.
It's not the same Leafs. Like the game against LA, they will dominate the lower-end teams. They will also beat the Rangers tonight because they match up very well against the Rangers and can usually light up Shesterkin.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
If there is a god, and if I can request one thing, can Knies run over Trouba, pretty please.

for the hit on Matthews.

Even though it was legal.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
His career high in points is 23 how is he good offensively?

How is he good defensively? He's never been able to stick in the playoff lineup, and now he can't even get into the regular season lineup over Conor Timmins, if he was as good defensively as you claim Conor Timmins would not be playing over him.

He's not physical at all so he doesn't bring that.

He was the worst player on the ice against the kings.

You know I use to call Josh Levio Josh "do nothing" Levio because Josh Levio didn't score, didn't hit, didn't fight, didn't block shots, didn't PK, wasn't on the PP, didn't win board battles, Josh Levio literally did NOTHING.

Lilly is the defense version of that.

He doesn't score

He doesn't hit

He doesn't fight

He doesn't block shots

He's not on the PK.

He's not on the PP.

He doesn't win board battles.

He does literally NOTHING except It's worse with Lilly because Levio didn't make 3 million bucks to do literally nothing.

Lilly does he's getting 3 million bucks a year essentially for free.
He done pretty well with the minutes he gets actually in terms of offense he just doesn’t play out of position to get it but it sounds like you have your mind mate up he’s one of our leaders in blocc shots when he plays by the way but

I’d like to see how a bottom pairing of Benny and Myers would do, both Lilly and Timmins aren’t players we need as the 6/7 guys imo……….
Myers who’s a minor league player 😭I mean if we’re auditioning might as well give him a chance too right

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He done pretty well with the minutes he gets actually in terms of offense he just doesn’t play out of position to get it but it sounds like you have your mind mate up he’s one of our leaders in blocc shots when he plays by the way but

Myers who’s a minor league player 😭I mean if we’re auditioning might as well give him a chance too right
I obviously have higher expectations for Myers than you, but why not see what he has to offer? I doubt he disappoints, after all he's replacing Timmins or Lilly. Nowhere to go but up...........

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'd love to see these lines when Jarnkrok is back and give Robertson a shot with Matthews and Marner since he clearly doesn't work on the 3rd line with Tavares.

Robbie-Matthews-Marner
McMann-Domi-Nylander
Knies--Tavares-Jarnkrok
Lorentz-Kampf-Reaves

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If there is a god, and if I can request one thing, can Knies run over Trouba, pretty please.

for the hit on Matthews.

Even though it was legal.
it's amazing the Rags didn't want to keep him, guy's hated around the league for a reason, tough to play against, but yeah be nice for someone to paste him tonight...........

Rempe vs Reaves clown show again?
Reeves is past his best before date as a elite pugilist, Rempe's the next wave and that fight won't end well for Reeves imo...........

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
His career high in points is 23 how is he good offensively?

If people think OEL is good offensively then this is good offensively.

I think Liljegren is good in transition and decent offensively, but 23 in 55 is a 34 point pace.

OEL paced for 33, 33, and 25 in his last three years.

54th in PPG last year, ahead of Byram, Gustaffson, OEL, Nurse, Shattenkirk, Lindholm, Pettersson, Barrie, DeAngelo, Ekblad, Sandin, Petry, Orlov, Parayko, and a bunch more.

Not saying Liljegren is good offensively or better than these players.. just a 34 point pace is not terrible.

I think people are unaware of what a good offensive season is because we've had an influx of scoring D in the league recently and been blessed with Rielly who is fairly consistently a top producer.

Reactions: arso40

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
it's amazing the Rags didn't want to keep him, guy's hated around the league for a reason, tough to play against, but yeah be nice for someone to paste him tonight...........

Reeves is past his best before date as a elite pugilist, Rempe's the next wave and that fight won't end well for Reeves imo...........
Didn't they fight last year and Reaves got the edge?

Reactions: 1specter

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I think Liljegren is good in transition and decent offensively, but 23 in 55 is a 34 point pace.

54th in PPG last year, ahead of Byram, Gustaffson, OEL, Nurse, Shattenkirk, Lindholm, Pettersson, Barrie, DeAngelo, Ekblad, Sandin, Petry, Orlov, Parayko, and a bunch more.

Not saying Liljegren is good offensively or better than these players.. just a 34 point pace is not terrible.

I think people are unaware of what a good offensive season is because we've had an influx of scoring D in the league recently and been blessed with Rielly who is fairly consistently a top producer.

OEL Has 8 seasons of 30+ points, 5 seasons of 40+ points, 1 season of 50+ points and 24 points in 46 games in the severely shortened 20-21 season.

Lilly and OEL are very, VERY not the same thing offensively or defensively for that matter.

OEL beat Lilly's career high in points in 20-21 and he did it in 46 games.

No they are not compareable offensive players, at all.

Reactions: Kurtz

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

Right

OEL Has 8 seasons of 30+ points, 5 seasons of 40+ points, 1 season of 50+ points and 24 points in 46 games in the severely shortened 20-21 season.

Lilly and OEL are very, VERY not the same thing offensively or defensively for that matter.

OEL beat Lilly's career high in points in 20-21 and he did it in 46 games.

No they are not compareable offensive players, at all.
You missed the point my friend was trying to make

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Don’t want to see Rempe-Reaves pt 2.
I can understand why Reaves is in there though because Rempe, though a personable fellow, takes some healthy runs at guys.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Don’t want to see Rempe-Reaves pt 2.
I can understand why Reaves is in there though because Rempe, though a personable fellow, takes some healthy runs at guys.

Just like Reaves was going to teach Xhekaj a lesson.

Reaves has been a better hockey player to start the season than last, but he is not doing anything as an enforcer.

I do want to see Reaves vs Rempe 2 though... fights are always fun.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011

Reaves has been a better hockey player to start the season than last, but he is not doing anything as an enforcer.

I don’t think he will stop him from doing anything. He is just there to fight him after if he does. It’s just one of those machismo hockey things; somebody has to step up and why have McCabe or someone get destroyed in a retaliation fight? Don’t have to like it but seems like there is an underlying code that still gets tended to in this day and age.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Reaves literally beat his ass last time

There hasn't been a need to do anything as an enforcer yet. None of the games we've played yet have gotten super nasty or physical. Reaves isn't gonna fight in every single game lmao.

However, he needs to be a physical presence in each game he plays

I think some of the toughest and grittiest teams are all in the Atlantic Division

Reactions: 1specter and Kurtz

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

That fight happened Rempe got slaughtered.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I hope for his sake, Rempe is more measured in how much he fights this year. There's no way that he escaped last year without some permanent damage.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
There hasn't been a need to do anything as an enforcer yet. None of the games we've played yet have gotten super nasty or physical. Reaves isn't gonna fight in every single game lmao.

However, he needs to be a physical presence in each game he plays

I think some of the toughest and grittiest teams are all in the Atlantic Division

Xhekaj jumping one of our players seemed like it should have been something that Reaves addressed.

If that isn't worthy of addressing, there isn't much that is.

Reaves isn't going to do much against any of the teams in the Atlantic because no one has a heavyweight outside of Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad