Post-Game Talk: HNIC - Leafs WIN the home opener!!!

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
That would be one of the greatest turnarounds in hockey history.
Not really. They were generally a good defensive team under Keefe. Berube will simply take them to another level. He'll likely make this a 115 point team, which is why he will win coach of the year this season.

Reactions: authentic

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Still finding it strange that when the puck goes back to the point that 2 of the top shot threats are closer to the corner along the goal lines than the hashes or dots. Seems to stagnate puck movement.

I'm sure Savard sees something that I don't.

It's been an issue for years. Matthews likes to wander around on the PP and never seems to be in a particularly great one timer position.

It can't really be that hard. Tampa ran a a power play built around one timers for years and Stamkos and Kucherov seem to be perfectly capable of staying wide open for bombs.

Reactions: PromisedLand

HomelessPepper

Jul 1, 2019
I wish man. It's gonna take me a little longer to get over the hack that essentially ruined what should have been the greatest era in Leafs history.
Let it go my friend, he's gone. Tre runs this show now. Hope he (and frankly, Berube) continues to improve this team.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Beauty win. Haven't been saying as much on here early on but 2-1 start is solid.

The big boys did a bit tonight.

Gotta think next game Matthews has a few points. Many might not agree but I think he's looked fine... just needs some puck luck.

If Leafs win most there games I don't really care who gets points. It's about the Leaf.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hopefully they fix the PP. I wonder if we will see Lil and Woll next game.

Hopefully they wise up and get OEL on the #1 PP unit. leafs PP has needed a competent point pant for years now who can shoot the puck.

Saturday-Wednesday is not terribly unusual.

The following weak Leafs play 4 games and get boston on saturday as the 4th game. divisional rival shouldn't be on the leafs' schedule when leafs have travelled a lot.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Beauty win. Haven't been saying as much on here early on but 2-1 start is solid.

The big boys did a bit tonight.

Gotta think next game Matthews has a few points. Many might not agree but I think he's looked fine... just needs some puck luck.

If Leafs win most there games I don't really care who gets points. It's about the Leaf.

Matthews has been fine. I am not worried about him. he hit two posts in 2 games against both the scabs and then NJD.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
It's been an issue for years. Matthews likes to wander around on the PP and never seems to be in a particularly great one timer position.

It can't really be that hard. Tampa ran a a power play built around one timers for years and Stamkos and Kucherov seem to be perfectly capable of staying wide open for bombs.
Kuch, Stammer, Point and Hedman all have elite shots. The problem is two of our top powerplay guys can essentially be ignored when they have the puck.

Reactions: PromisedLand

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This allowing 1 PP goal every game thing they got going doesn't really work for me, please stop that.

But 5 on 5 they are fantastic.

They have allowed 5 goals in 3 games 3 of them have been PP goals, clean up the PK and they are golden.

5 on 5 they don't give up shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad