Post-Game Talk: HNIC - Leafs WIN the home opener!!!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I wonder if any of the players, coaches, or front offices people care about winning those games more than winning any other games. My own suspicion is that it's just some fans.
I could see Robertson having some extra feelings about Keefe but overall probably not and absolutely not about Dubas.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
LEAFS WIN!

and.....

96ikzf.jpg
:laugh::pickle:

Remu

Team Blue
Oct 2, 2019
I've seen Matthews go through these slumps and I've seen Matthews score like 20 in 15 games. So I'm not worried. He can not score for 20 games straight and still end the season with 50+ goals. That's just how he is.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I think we're being conditioned to just accept the reffing is going to be tilted against Toronto every game and you're a conspiracy theorist victim complex idiot if you think otherwise.
I mean, it's pretty much been this way since the day they took Auston Matthews 1st overall, so I don't know why it's a surprise at this point...

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Dubas doesn't have full autonomy there there unfortunately.

This unbridled genius ball of potential is unfortunately stifled with another organization.
Let's be honest, though; no matter your opinion of Dubas, it doesn't matter who is in charge over there. Until the ownership accepts that the Crosby era is over and they need to start planning for the future, that team is just going to get worse and worse.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Timmins too. He sucks. I don;t understand what Berube has against Liljegren to be honest. May be Lily rubbed Berube the wrong way or something lol

Liljegren is not strong on the puck. He wasn’t great in pre season. If you can’t handle a forecheck or clear the net I don’t see how you survive in this system. I do think Timmins is probably sitting next game so maybe Liljegren draws in.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I wonder if any of the players, coaches, or front offices people care about winning those games more than winning any other games. My own suspicion is that it's just some fans.
Perhaps, but I would imagine Keefe and Dubas both wanted those games a little more than some others.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
props to both Berube and Savard they saw enough of the half assed bullshit from patches and rielly and swapped them with Knies and OEL on PP#1
Still finding it strange that when the puck goes back to the point that 2 of the top shot threats are closer to the corner along the goal lines than the hashes or dots. Seems to stagnate puck movement.

I'm sure Savard sees something that I don't.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Liljegren is not strong on the puck. He wasn’t great in pre season. If you can’t handle a forecheck or clear the net I don’t see how you survive in this system. I do think Timmins is probably sitting next game so maybe Liljegren draws in.

Timmins is worse when it comes to being strong on the puck or clearing the crease but more importantly timmins gets beat in transition more often than not and doesn't have the foot speed/IQ or the first pass that Lily does

Berube gotta give Lily some reps before benching him IMO

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
They look good now. Give them 30 games and Crosby and Malkin legs will fall off

I thought Crosby had a rough game (by his standards). Marner seemed to be getting the best of him. Malkin had that turnover prior to the first Nylander goal.

They're good for their ages (especially Crosby), but you can't expect 37 and 38 year old players to carry a team that lacks depth. It's going to be another season of missing the playoffs for PIT and I think they once again won't get that high a draft pick.

Reactions: fahad203

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad