U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Idk what are we trying to do today in the front. Like we are first in the group so we will just go for some highlight reel plays? So many unfinished, overplayed good chances

Just shoot the damn puck ffs!

Reactions: Czechboy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Just getting in to see this game now, Finns right were they want to be at this point to sneak in an upset maybe.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Just getting in to see this game now, Finns right were they want to be at this point to sneak in an upset maybe.
Finland bearing us isn't an upset

But

I'm not sure any outcome has much impact?

Germany can't catch us on points
US can buy we have the tiebreaker as we won the head to head.

Unless I missed something.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Agreed. I would have liked to watch Slovakia vs Switzerland today.

There's no reason they couldn't do it. TSN has a streaming service.
If you allow 10+ goals two games in a row you're probably happy if nobody can see you "play".

Having said that, it's 2024. I think we're close to 100% streams for games of European tournaments during international breaks. At least at the U18 and older level you can watch pretty much every game from abroad. Mostly low effort productions without commentary but you can watch if you wanna do so.

The Hlinka Gretzky is a way more important tournament but if Hockey Canada can't organize a camera to cover all games they might as well stop organizing this tournament. It's a shameful display.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Finland bearing us isn't an upset

But

I'm not sure any outcome has much impact?

Germany can't catch us on points
US can buy we have the tiebreaker as we won the head to head.

Unless I missed something.
Normally it wouldn't be but this year at this particular tournament it would be.

But I know CB.................you're just happy to be here!!

I'll play along., lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Normally it wouldn't be but this year at this particular tournament it would be.

But I know CB.................you're just happy to be here!!

I'll play along., lol
I am! Semis are an honor for my humble little nation of try hards and do gooders

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Both.

You guys have a good team, I think you should make the final at least.

oops, my apologies for using the word should.
Lol...

Our group was weaker.. and our crossover should be Canada or Sweden (much better use of 'should')... Both are a nightmare semi.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs opening up the offence
. Two very pretty goals.

Guys not getting enough love are pZahesjy, poletin. Pekar and Pavlik. Nice to see them getting points.

Zahesky, who I love, does scare the shit out of me.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Lol...

Our group was weaker.. and our crossover should be Canada or Sweden (much better use of 'should')... Both are a nightmare semi.
I'm not saying anything will be easy but this is a potent Czech team............this group can play.

Listen my good friend, a good Czech team is a good czech team regardless of what recent history has been. My introduction to what " your humble little nation" is capable of was brought to my attention sitting on a couch in front of a rabbit ears 3 channel t.v watching Canada require a heroic Sittler goal to beat you guys in 1976 so if you think you are gonna pull the wool over anyones eyes you are gonna have to look for a younger and more inexperienced victim.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It just drives me when they interview these players from Finland and wherever and they fire off the questions in rapid fire english 90 miles an hour and of course they struggle to get what has been said.

You can probably get away with that with the swedish players but not many else, give the poor kid a chance for gods sake..............slow it down.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Nice little segment on Mckenna about growing up in Whitehorse and how he developed his love for the game and his family and the rink he played in......I love that stuff.

Reactions: Voodoozz

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Another pretty goal from our 13th forward... Big kid with hands. That's all I know about him.

Roll the lines.. rest line 1 ...

Reactions: jj cale

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Nice play by Svancara

Anyone knows if there is some connection with the ex footballer Petr Svancara? :D

Oh nothing I see now that the kid is named Švančara not Švancara ... freakin czech language right :D

What a play by the top line ... so they wont be silent even today lol

Ad

Ad

Ad