U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Big game from Czech view against Germans. If we can win clean, we advance before having to play those pesky Finn's.

Conversely, I think German's would also advance with a clean win as they'd have 5 points and wins over Finns and Czechs.

Big game, I expect a lot of defending and a close score but game play to tilt towards Czech side. We obviously have to score early and try to stretch the German's out and counter attack. Hoping for some secondary scoring today! Looking at your Pekar, Pavlik and Zahesky!

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They have Sykora and Fiddler.. US get all the breaks.lol
To be fair, Sykora isn’t any good, so you guys aren’t missing much. It’s like Milan Hejduk’s kid getting a free spot at the NTDP just because. Didn’t end up helping the team for it to be that way!

Fiddler is at least okay. Born and raised mostly in USA I think. Plays for Oil Kings now.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
To be fair, Sykora isn’t any good, so you guys aren’t missing much. It’s like Milan Hejduk’s kid getting a free spot at the NTDP just because. Didn’t end up helping the team for it to be that way!
He did hit a post yesterday!

It was a funny sequence as the Czech guy playing for America beat the Slovak guy playing for the Czechs (Dravecky). Strange times.lol

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It's a low bar.lol

I think you named all the right guys... time will tell.

There is starting to be a gap between our real results (good) and how many guys get drafted (meh).

Just wait till Benak goes in Round 7.lol

At position 212 - a 7'2 player from Taipai who was spotted playing street hockey with his friends
At position 213 - Adam Benak
Kinda sad actually, still cant get over Galvas not being drafted, hope he will show all the NHL scouts how wrong they were lol.

Soon the NHL will be full of guys like this one lol: Alexander Karmanov - Stats, Contract, Salary & More

And we will rename it to ICE NBA

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn’t like how the USA played yesterday. Our forwards were brutal. Couldn’t make any plays to create scoring chances other than Simpson. Kevan was a huge disappointment. He’s 1PPG in the USHL, but can’t do anything positive at the Hlinka? The forwards are very limited though. Between Kevan, Hayes, and Moe we need to see more. I don’t know if the other guys have enough juice to make things happen.

Defense and goaltending was good. Thought Grimes and Fiddler had nice games. Bleyl also. McCrate has some good plays, but error prone. Rombach is a total beast. I know nothing about the tender, but he wasn’t the reason we lost yesterday.

Need more offense today.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I didn’t like how the USA played yesterday. Our forwards were brutal. Couldn’t make any plays to create scoring chances other than Simpson. Kevan was a huge disappointment. He’s 1PPG in the USHL, but can’t do anything positive at the Hlinka? The forwards are very limited though. Between Kevan, Hayes, and Moe we need to see more. I don’t know if the other guys have enough juice to make things happen.

Defense and goaltending was good. Thought Grimes and Fiddler had nice games. Bleyl also. McCrate has some good plays, but error prone. Rombach is a total beast. I know nothing about the tender, but he wasn’t the reason we lost yesterday.

Need more offense today.
All the makings of a nightmare playoff opponent.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia

Need more offense today
It was kind of a weird, unusual game from the U.S. Looked like they somehow accepted that they were being outskilled and focused heavy on defense, which they did very well.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Germany - Czechia can be a good one?
Hard to say. Germany seem to be better than I had imagined they would. Their best bet is a Czech let down from their big win.

I think Germany have a top D pair they will want against the Czech top line.. so that should be interesting.

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Hard to say. Germany seem to be better than I had imagined they would. Their best bet is a Czech let down from their big win.

I think Germany have a top D pair they will want against the Czech top line.. so that should be interesting.
yeah, after yesterdays german 2-1 win im curious if they can continue this way. But Czechia has a strong team this year, so i dont expect it too be as close

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It was kind of a weird, unusual game from the U.S. Looked like they somehow accepted that they were being outskilled and focused heavy on defense, which they did very well.
Yeah, and USA outshot Czechia, but it also felt like Czechia had all the good shots, more dangerous shifts, and USA barely made the Czechia goalie make real saves.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
After thinking about it for a while, I think Reschny reminds me of Eberle, and I think he'll get drafted in a similar position.
Yeah I see it, a bit faster than Eberle as well. He’s a really good all around player, heck of a shot as well. Probably a mid to late first round pick. Cootes is someone I haven’t seen a ton of but also a very good prospect.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.

Need more offense today.
With how far the American program has come, you would expect them to have a deeper team here. With that and the most recent draft, not a great trajectory for the American program overall

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
With how far the American program has come, you would expect them to have a deeper team here. With that and the most recent draft, not a great trajectory for the American program overall
They’re very good at concentrating players 1-25 per age group and training them to be the best team at any given age group, even if they don’t have the best individuals (some years like 1997, 2001 they do have the best talent though)

However, and maybe it will get there one day, the depth of talent is not there in let’s say player 26-100 is not comparable to the CHL and to Canada, because the USHL is still a much smaller league than the CHL, even if it (and certain programmes such as Chicago, Muskegon, Youngstown) has taken great strides in the last decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad