U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I wish the tournament format was different for the HGC. Slovakia played a very good game today but it will almost certainly keep them from making the medal round. Wish the top team from each group had a buy to semi, and than seeds 2 and 3 from each group played crossover games to get to the SF. This was even more exaggerated when Russia was still playing.

Reactions: Goodman68

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Conroy.............some plugs for Craig Button.

What a job that guy has, wax poetically about hockey players and get your own horn tooted in the intermissions.

Some guys have all the luck

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
:)

I would NOT want his job. He probably does NOT make as much as you think and he's on the road all the time.

Life's too short.
Thank heavens he's not the one asking me what time the games are on in whatever time zone he's in, I'd never get a moments rest.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Not the best defense, but that was a nice move from Guite.
Not the best goaltending either. Birchler has been rock solid the 1st period but unfortunately he kinda cracked under pressure since, started giving up soft goals. He looks exhausted. Wouldn't surprise me if the Coaches turned to Trachsel for the other two games.

Reactions: Czechboy

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Not the best goaltending either. Birchler has been rock solid the 1st period but unfortunately he kinda cracked under pressure since, started giving up soft goals. He looks exhausted. Wouldn't surprise me if the Coaches turned to Trachsel for the other two games.
If you have three goalies.. I have my third goalie on hand to take garbage time. Have your 1B guy undressed and ready to go the next day. I do not like seeing a kid get 9 hung on him in front of the Hockey Community. No need of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad