U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Americans have held up well this game, tough time creating offense but they have been good defensively for the most part and battling hard.
To me . They are playing like those golden Finnish teams. Lots os sisu. Czechs are playing like pissy Russians.

Things I wasnt expecting to type.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Cameron missed it in crease.. feel for him. He's been excellent but that wasn't good. It wasn't as bad as goal from red line mind you

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
3 stars for Czechs:

1. Benak
2. Pavlik's shinpad
3. Stebetak (he let in a bad goal but he was great all night)

With Finland/Germany splitting points, it's a great start.

Strange as it doesn't feel like an 'upset'. I feel like we did that thing good teams do. Play like shit and somehow still win.

US will be a brutal semi opponent if they make it... great goalie and they defend well. I really enjoyed Fiddler's game.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Massive win for the Czechs

Another really fun game. They have a lot to clean up, a bit too much self inflicted damage, but the Czechs looked dangerous. That top line of Benak, Novotny and Poletin are going to be fun to watch

American team certainly lacks offensive weapons, but I was very impressed with the D. Rombach and Fiddler were great. Both just eat ice. No time and space for the opponent

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Dravecký must improve defense SIGNIFICANTLY, he can´t play like this, so many dangerous turnovers. I really liked Rombach and US defense altogether, they didn´t let us do anything in their third if not for Benak, we wouldn´t do a thing this game.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Big win for us against tough US team. Pretty fun hockey to look at, even though it wasn't the prettiest of games. The Poletin-Novotny-Benak line took some time to settle in but they came through when we needed it. Other than them, I liked Rozsival, Pavlik, Cerny and Mrtka. Mrtka will go pretty high in the draft i think. In terms of his skating style and overall posture, he really reminds me a defensive version of David Jiricek. Really good on puck retrievals and breakouts and even showed some nifty stuff in the O-zone. NHL teams love these sort of Dman prospects, especially RDs.

I gotta say I'm still not used to a Czech U18 team being the one dictating play and creating more offense with speed and skill against a US team (even if it isn't their top squad). This has been unheard for the past 15-20 years or so. It was the Czechs who defended the neutral zone and relied mostly on odd-man situations and turnovers. Very refreshing to see.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Big win for us against tough US team. Pretty fun hockey to look at, even though it wasn't the prettiest of games. The Poletin-Novotny-Benak line took some time to settle in but they came through when we needed it. Other than them, I liked Rozsival, Pavlik, Cerny and Mrtka. Mrtka will go pretty high in the draft i think. In terms of his skating style and overall posture, he really reminds me a defensive version of David Jiricek. Really good on puck retrievals and breakouts and even showed some nifty stuff in the O-zone. NHL teams love these sort of Dman prospects, especially RDs.

I gotta say I'm still not used to a Czech U18 team being the one dictating play and creating more offense with speed and skill against a US team (even if it isn't their top squad). This has been unheard for the past 15-20 years or so. It was the Czechs who defended the neutral zone and relied mostly on odd-man situations and turnovers. Very refreshing to see.
Czechia's return to greatness - and it's needed in the hockey world. Until, of course, you start beating Canada and then you've gone too far. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 9
    Staked: $30,669.00