U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, I for one, am thrilled it is only 1-0.

Haven't lost, still in game and we honestly can't play much worse. I'll take it! I do see the skill but I also see a bunch of nervous teenagers shitting the bed all over the ice. Hopefully the calm down and refocus.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Like the hustle out of this U.S team, not sure they are gonna scare too many offensively though.
This may be true.. we've definitely given them several looks.

They should keep shooting from centre ice.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Maybe if Czechs swapped to jerseys that don't look like some leftover from practice they would actually skate. Terrible 1st, that goal is just the icing.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Man you guys talked up this Czech team WAY too much lol. They don’t look very good so far. Hopefully they turn this around but that was an abysmal 1st
I'm honestly thrilled it's a 1 goal game. This has been a disaster.lol

FWIW.. I think we come back and make a game of it.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
NHL GM’s are gonna salivate watching #5 for the Czechs
I feel he's a top 100 lock and a great chance at late round 1 (like Badinka almost did)..

He did get his ass danced while on the PP though.lol In fact, TSN just showed 2 replays where he got smoked while on the PP.lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I got the overwhelming feeling that the entire team had become world champions after the warm-up game against Canada. We are inconsistent, we don't shoot on goal with a 5/3 power play, we delay the combination as if we were leading by two goals, incredible mistakes in defense... And of course the conceded goal, that is really the height of futility...

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think that period you made them look a little better then they are, just a little.

I think you will get on track though
This is why I wanted Canada to beat us in exhibition.. we need to be humble! Instead, we walked into Edmonton like we own the place.lol

Not sure how the coach spoke to them.. yelling or calmly explaining that we can't play like that.. but I think it'll work.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I get he let in a terrible goal... but our goalie does look good. He's been left out to dry a lot and hasn't conceded much. I like him.. but I will be laughing my ass off about that first goal for a little longer.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I feel he's a top 100 lock and a great chance at late round 1 (like Badinka almost did)..

He did get his ass danced while on the PP though.lol In fact, TSN just showed 2 replays where he got smoked while on the PP.lol

I meant that more as a testament to him as a potential prospect than his play in this specific game. He’s been up and down

A 6’6 RHD with a great frame, good skating and solid puck skills. He will be fun to track this year

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
PP... would be nice if we scored here! Think we're due for a good break!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I meant that more as a testament to him as a potential prospect than his play in this specific game. He’s been up and down

A 6’6 RHD with a great frame, good skating and solid puck skills. He will be fun to track this year
Agree.. him on PP1 is encouraging too! Think he has a shot at U20 at Xmas too.

Dvorak, Badinka, Jiricek, Fibigr, Galvas feel like locks. Then Koci will return. Port will hopefull make it. That leave Mrtka fighting for the 8 spot with guys like Skok (who get a lot more love on HF from non Czech fans then Czech ones).

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't mean this to be disrespectful but the FInn's look like a House League team on that German OT goal.lol And I say that as a guy who's goalie let in a floater from centre ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8