U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I haven't watched much of the Olympics as you can tell from my posts. Paid usahocketv to watch the World Junior Summer Showcase though.
I don't care about the Olympics, either. I do miss hockey, tho.

If you boys are bored...

I watched Trap. It was fun but so stupid.

Longlegs is terrific !!! So scary!

Oddity is supposed to be scary but isn't.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
My predictions for today

US over Czechs - the Canada B team won the U18's so why can't US B team be dominant at Hlinka?
Sweden over Slovakia - sorry, Slovakia, Sweden is stacked and you are missing key guys (including to us, and I think I read there is a Novotny who is Slovak on Sweden?)
Finns over Germany in a close one (Maverick said that squad is good and Finn's are in a existential dilemna right now.lol)
Canada over Switzerland - I expect Canada to run the table and have one challenging match all tourney - maybe the Swede round robin and maybe the final. Otherwise, this team is a wagon and I already hate McKenna.lol

Reactions: erikhamren

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sticking that chest out and beating it, while admirable.....................................................Its a risky way to travel
As long as we agree it was one poster and not all of us, I'm good.lol

FTR... I do like Mom's enthusiasm here! But i don't share it... more like 'don't f*** it up guys' energy on my end.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
One thing I hate about the international bantering is when posters come on after it's over and have excuses! So I always write my complaints in advance and leave it out there if we do lose.

Normally it's win the quarter and nothing else matters. In this case, it is make the semi's or I'm disapointed.

There are a few 'omissions' but I actually think they are 'cuts' because we are deeper than usual - not a problem I'm used to. I did want to see Frolo and Nestrasil though.

I love this squad and coach.. woudlnt' change much if anything at all. Love our top line. Love Pekar on line 2. Mrtka seems like exactly what Czech hockey needs. Curious about Dravecky as an under ager. Benak will probably drop in rankings but I expect him to get the 6 points and get the Czech record. I can bitch about him going in round 5 later.lol

So, going in, I have no complaints. If we lose. we lose. This is exactly the problem I've wanted for years.. a solid squad with medal potential and future draft picks (and hopefully NHLers). I'd take a team like this losing every game but producing a handful of NHL players over a squad that ekes out a Semi but has no quality but won a game or 2. Eg. when Canada loses at a U20, half the roster goes onto the NHL. I want THAT problem.lol Eg. Jagr/Reichel/Holik were one of the best U20 lines ever.. no gold medal at that U20.

Go Czechs go! I will cheer to the end!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
As long as we agree it was one poster and not all of us, I'm good.lol

FTR... I do like Mom's enthusiasm here! But i don't share it... more like 'don't f*** it up guys' energy on my end.lol
:thumbu:

I went out on a limb one year on another hockey site and crowed like hell before the start of the sochi games ( which normally isn't my style) but for some reason I had confidence up the wazoo,it also helped I knew all the guys for years from the other countries, friends I still have today, especially one Swedish guy.................So I made a video really laying it on for all to digest. And luckily that Canadian team backed up my braggadocio, lol

I still have the video somewhere, I should post it just for shits and giggles.

I was out of control,lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
:thumbu:

I went out on a limb one year on another hockey site and crowed like hell before the start of the sochi games ( which normally isn't my style) but for some reason I had confidence up the wazoo,it also helped I knew all the guys for years from the other countries, friends I still have today, especially one Swedish guy.................So I made a video really laying it on for all to digest. And luckily that Canadian team backed up my braggadocio, lol

I still have the video somewhere, I should post it just for shits and giggles.

I was out of control,lol
Canada and Hlinka is a good place to be out of control...

1722876437500.png

7 of last 10. Russian not playing this year so this tourney only has 2 former champs in it.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Alas................while true, the confidence just isn't there this year like it was going into Sochi.
That was peak Czech stupidity that Olympics. Barinka over Jan Hejda comes to mind. Cutting Hudler in his best NHL season (76 points in 78 games). KHL goalies to backup the NHL one. The 2010's were not kind to our program.lol

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That was peak Czech stupidity that Olympics. Barinka over Jan Hejda comes to mind. Cutting Hudler in his best NHL season (76 points in 78 games). KHL goalies to backup the NHL one. The 2010's were not kind to our program.lol
Better days ahead I think.

Reactions: Fil

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Better days ahead I think.
Hard to say... worst NHL season coming up in a long time. Historically bad. Yet we have a lot of young guys pushing for spots. Wooren pointed out the last big Czech guy to get drafted and developed successfully is Martin Necas. That is a hell of a gap as we basically have nothing NHL level between 22 and 27 right now. All our best guys are 27 or over or 21 and younger.

Best of times and worst of times.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
You can´t deny that dude knew, how to party! *snort* *snort*:cool:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
2017/2018 was lost generation full of busts except Nečas and Chytil of course. I was 100% sure Zadina is going to be 40 goalscorer...
:help:
Of those 4 - I had Kaut, Zadina, Necas and Chytil in that order. It's aging awfully.lol Was also positive Zboril and Hajek would be Top 4 full time NHL D's with 100's of games under their belts.lol

Sadly, if any of that happened... we wouldn't be in this mess right now. Instead, of those 6, only Necas is killing it. Losing Kase and Voracek to concussions really sucked too! Chytil would be a big star for us but those damn conccussions again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00