U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
From what I remember Luka Radivojevic is the first Slovak player ever (?) who decided to decline the invitation and skip this tournament. Hlinka Gretzky Cup could only slow down his career according to him and his father. He´s more ambitious than Slaf and Nemec combined, wow :oops:
...or more stupid.
I don't think NHL teams are gonna like him skipping a major international junior event for no good reason.

Also...I don't know how strict the Slovak federation is but he might get banned for future tournaments as well.

Last edited:

Harvey Dent

Jul 9, 2024
From what I remember Luka Radivojevic is the first Slovak player ever (?) who decided to decline the invitation and skip this tournament. Hlinka Gretzky Cup could only slow down his career according to him and his father. He´s more ambitious than Slaf and Nemec combined, wow :oops:
Its more of his father ambitions than his own.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It would be nice to make a name for yourself in this category elsewhere than just here. Final against Canada and win in OT:hockey:
I don't think my heart could take another OT final against Canada.lol. I still have nightmares about kos and Kulich and the fatal error.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's in Czech but Google translate works very well and, sometimes, hillariously.

Czech report on team Canada who sound like they will be anhilating everyone.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Loving that first line. Right side looks nice on the D.

Exhibition means nothing but wins are always nice. No idea who hrubny is.
Nice win, this team is looking really good, of course its just a first firendly, but seems like the team confirmed its strength. I am really looking forward to hlinkas.

And really hope this group will not completely crumble and fail at WCH lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Nice win, this team is looking really good, of course its just a first firendly, but seems like the team confirmed its strength. I am really looking forward to hlinkas.

In the end it was a comfortable victory, although the first period was not good at all. But it was the first game of the season and it is understandable that the performance was not optimal.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

I think we will have a good squad.. more offence than defence this time so hopefully we can score some goals and play interesting hockey. I like the team going in.

Regarding U18... I've given up on those.lol

Reactions: Goodman68

Harvey Dent

Jul 9, 2024
I really like how Czech roster looks. And few really talented kids didn't even make it there.

So,I officially name Czech U18 Team as a dark horse of the tournament.

Attachments

• obrovska-zvirata-13.jpg
    obrovska-zvirata-13.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 2

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Czechia beat Switzerland again today. 4-0. Wouldn't read too much into these games though as the Swiss summer camp is featuring an extended roster and neither lineup was close to the one we're gonna see at the Hlinka Gretzky. Swiss 07 group isn't very deep so those losses vs Czechia aren't surprising, especially considering Czechia played those games with almost identical lineups.

Attachments

• Gamedetail_20256355000002_20240728014627.pdf
    315.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Gamedetail_20256355000001_20240728023141.pdf
    318.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Its clearly the second or third best team in the tournament, hardly a dark horse
Sweden certainly has a very strong team as well. They beat us at the WHC last year, so this is a very bold statement..

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I really like how Czech roster looks. And few really talented kids didn't even make it there.

So,I officially name Czech U18 Team as a dark horse of the tournament.
Which talented kids have we left behind? I was thinking Frolo but may have mybagw groups wrong.

I like the looks of the roster and love that first line.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Beat Swiss 4-0 in exhibition. Exhibition means nothing but nice to see line 1 scoring some goals and our D not allowing many against.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Looks like TSN broadcasting Finland vs Usa and Finland vs Czechia.... so atleast getto see 2 of the 3 games. Only Germany game not broadcast nor any pretournament games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad