U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Which isnt to say we are better than the big nations or we are back. But our last few junior nominations had great D and okay forwards... this nomination seems to have a nice top end of forward talent. Time will tell of course. But as a defending silver medal squad here.. I think semis is the goal.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Which isnt to say we are better than the big nations or we are back. But our last few junior nominations had great D and okay forwards... this nomination seems to have a nice top end of forward talent. Time will tell of course. But as a defending silver medal squad here.. I think semis is the goal.
Not 100% back but maybe 75? Maybe more? It’s been so bleak the last 20 years. Especially in defence.
Evidenced by our lack of top players in NHL.

It still doesn’t seem real that we’re producing so many defence lol. What the heck happened.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Not 100% back but maybe 75? Maybe more? It’s been so bleak the last 20 years. Especially in defence.
Evidenced by our lack of top players in NHL.

It still doesn’t seem real that we’re producing so many defence lol. What the heck happened.
Few of these guys hit top 6 and top 4 spots in NHL and we are looking much better. We definitely have a higher talent pool right in junior than a few years ago. Just need some of these guys to stick.. anything from chmelar to kulich. Or from Hamara to jiricek. Really curious how many push to NHL.. even the role guys like raska, Ivan, Marcel, brabenec, chmelar, Pavel... do any of them make it?lots of irons in the fire!

And krejcikova won Wimbledon!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Few of these guys hit top 6 and top 4 spots in NHL and we are looking much better. We definitely have a higher talent pool right in junior than a few years ago. Just need some of these guys to stick.. anything from chmelar to kulich. Or from Hamara to jiricek. Really curious how many push to NHL.. even the role guys like raska, Ivan, Marcel, brabenec, chmelar, Pavel... do any of them make it?lots of irons in the fire!

And krejcikova won Wimbledon!
Pretty good year for Czech sports.

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
When do rosters usually drop for this? I feel like we knew much sooner last year but I only have been able to find Germany and Czechia’s rosters

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
When do rosters usually drop for this? I feel like we knew much sooner last year but I only have been able to find Germany and Czechia’s rosters
We didn't know much sooner last year even though the tournament was held 5 days earlier than this year. 5 of the 8 teams attending announced their rosters 2-4 days before the tournament started (there were 2 pre-tournament games 2 days before the start of the tournament).

Some teams have camps beforehand, so they won't announce a team before the camp ends.

Reactions: dr1234

Harvey Dent

Jul 9, 2024
As far as I know Luka Radivojevic will miss the tournament. So that's 2 top Slovak D's minus from the roster. Still a solid defence core for Slovak standards with names like Zubek,Lisy,Goljer,Čapoš,Rusznyak and Kalman.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
From what I remember Luka Radivojevic is the first Slovak player ever (?) who decided to decline the invitation and skip this tournament. Hlinka Gretzky Cup could only slow down his career according to him and his father. He´s more ambitious than Slaf and Nemec combined, wow :oops:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad