U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This is a very strong team defensively. Goaltending is terrific. Offensively, unless McKenna is clicking, the offence is average.

Reactions: Dominance

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.webp

bring on Benak and the Czechs

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
McKenna had 2 points, tonight. Yay? Nay?

Edit : It's Nay. He only had the goal. Not sure why I thought he had an assist.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I think it's going to be a close final. Probably like last year 3-2. Canada is the obvious fav looking for their 25th gold medal. Czechs looking for number 2. Ivankovic is going to be a problem. Looking forward to it!
Yes. Looking forward to it.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
The final should be good, but this year's tourney was quite lacklusture with no Russia and an amazingly weak Finland.
We should send our best like everyone else too. Not sure why we don't.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
They just need a smaller venue. Rogers Center offers top notch training and practice facilities for the teams tho irregardless of the attendance and probably why Hockey Canada hosts it there.
Some games look like they’d require a venue with a capacity for about 50 people.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Really pleased that our younger sides now regularly are medal contenders at these types of tournaments. No lucky victories and dodgy ref decisions, the team deserves to be in the final. Of course Canada are favourites in the gold medal game but I consider the tournament a real success already for us no matter what happens in the final game.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Same.. want t
Really pleased that our younger sides now regularly are medal contenders at these types of tournaments. No lucky victories and dodgy ref decisions, the team deserves to be in the final. Of course Canada are favourites in the gold medal game but I consider the tournament a real success already for us no matter what happens in the final game.
he gold badly but this tourney is a success. On the last year... Finals of youth Olympics, finals if Hlinka and bronze at U20 (final the year before). That is a lot of success at u17, U18 and U20 in one year. Something has to come out of this in drafts and NHL.. right?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
McKenna had 2 points, tonight. Yay? Nay?

Edit : It's Nay. He only had the goal. Not sure why I thought he had an assist.
He did but they took 2 assists away on one goal.

Edit; And they must be trying to screw McKenna because he definitely set up the 3rd goal by Reschny

Last edited:
Reactions: ORRFForever

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
It used to be called the Pacific Cup.
Yeah, hammered but I saw magijic on the ice in 2002 a Russian defenceman named Oleg Tverdovsky he had like 10 points a fan turned to me and said Russhin Bobby Orr in that quaint Russian accent.! Never translated to the NHL but that tournament was like when the. Fans who watched Mc David - just a player on another level though Mc David is a. Forward.

Reactions: Czechboy

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
USA unsurprisingly got routed against Canada. Can’t beat such a strong team with a team like this with no depth. Our Hlinka team always has a few good players, but like half the team isn’t even good enough for junior hockey yet. We field like a Slovakia level team for this tournament honestly. It is what it is.

Cameron was totally weak. We were somewhat competitive, but their goalie was so much better than ours. The difference between a goalie that’ll go top 2 rounds and one who won’t get picked. Might’ve actually been close with different finishing results (we also hit like three posts). And that’s all part of hockey. No one really stood out for us in the Canada game. Not many guys had their stock rise in this tournament. Whatever, onto winning what would be an undeserved bronze I guess.

This tournament field was extremely weak. Hoping we can get Russia back for next year and Finland ups their game. This US team did not deserve to be playing for a medal.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
USA unsurprisingly got routed against Canada. Can’t beat such a strong team with a team like this with no depth. Our Hlinka team always has a few good players, but like half the team isn’t even good enough for junior hockey yet. We field like a Slovakia level team for this tournament honestly. It is what it is.

Cameron was totally weak. We were somewhat competitive, but their goalie was so much better than ours. The difference between a goalie that’ll go top 2 rounds and one who won’t get picked. Might’ve actually been close with different finishing results (we also hit like three posts). And that’s all part of hockey. No one really stood out for us in the Canada game. Not many guys had their stock rise in this tournament. Whatever, onto winning what would be an undeserved bronze I guess.

This tournament field was extremely weak. Hoping we can get Russia back for next year and Finland ups their game. This US team did not deserve to be playing for a medal.
You're being too hard on the U.S. team. I thought they hung in well. It was 3-1 until late in the game.

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad