U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
To me, just like in the Canadian game, Sweden does NOT look dangerous. You've got this.
4 minutes! A lot can happen and they've gotten some looks.

It is amazing though.. they put up 12 on the Swiss and then 1 on Canada and 1 on us so far.

They are missing their top guy in fairness.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Exactly what we needed! Zahesky again doing good things.

They mentioned it in broadcast...

Stebetak allowed that hillariously bad goal against US in game 1.

He's allowed 2 goals since then.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Very well deserved win for Czechia! Honestly, Sweden was not able to create anything offensively, really. Not even in the third period when the Czechs were pretty passive. I'd say Genborg and Björck were among the better Swedes, while I liked Benak, Novotny and Poletin for Czechia. Well, could probably list the whole team.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I gotta say that Finland was better, they were at least harmless. Sweden on the other hand were.. they.. they just weren´t, sorry guy,s but they just weren´t...

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1723248571881.png

Obviously a tournament skewed towards us since it's mostly been in our country (coughU20inCanadacough) but we are moving up to 15 tomorrow.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Fantastic to make it to the final!! Very impressed with the team. Will definitely tune in for the final. It's been a good year for Czech hockey, regardless of how we do in the final.
This!

Last tourney was a gold at the World's in Prague!
Now in Finals here.
Bronze at U20 in 2024 too (after eliminating Canada)!

Nice little 2024 shaping up!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
And that's that.

Now we have to take care of our business.
Good luck... obviously this is Canada's tourney (medals posted above) but the US are a nightmare semi. Well coached, Very defensive. And they all hate your players.lol

I think it'll be closer than expected but Canada wins by a goal (or 2 if empty net).

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Good luck... obviously this is Canada's tourney (medals posted above) but the US are a nightmare semi. Well coached, Very defensive. And they all hate your players.lol

I think it'll be closer than expected but Canada wins by a goal (or 2 if empty net).
You can never really know what's going to happen in a U.S-Canada game and the U.S like everyone always plays us balls out.

And yes they hate our players,lol...........of course the feeling is obviously mutual.

Hoping for the best that we go through and get to take you guys on, not only because i'd love nothing more then to steal your lunch money but also because both sides fans here have been the most vocal following this tournament

Using an Oiler's analogy.. he could be the next Robbie Schremp!
The great Robbie schremp, he should have been put in a carnival somewhere doing trick shots.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
You can never really know what's going to happen in a U.S-Canada game and the U.S like everyone always plays us balls out.

And yes they hate our players,lol...........of course the feeling is obviously mutual.

Hoping for the best that we go through and get to take you guys on, not only because i'd love nothing more then to steal your lunch money but also because both sides fans here have been the most vocal following this tournament

The great Robbie schremp, he should have been put in a carnival somewhere doing trick shots.
It'd be interesting to see who the Czechs prefer.

Our lunch money is silver at worst.. great tourney!

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll add in my obligatory... I hope these teams battle HARD.. finish every check! No stone unturned. Physicality is the key. OT would be nice!

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad