Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
They ones that do blame the goalie don’t understand hockey and need anger management courses

A lot of money can be and is made on Sports books betting against the Leafs.
yep.

it's the single thing we have left as fans of this joke.

Betting $150 for the Bruins game 7 was sad, but obvious money. almost every leaf fan I knew did the same.

Reactions: howlman

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
When will Shanahan be ultimately responsible for the results of this pathetic franchise since he came on board as President in 2014?

In his decade under his leadership, he fired coaches and scouts/team personnel on a consistent basis, but in the end he has one second round appearance to show for it. The rest of the seasons were first round exits or missed playoffs.

It is about time that Shanahan is shown the door. Loved him as a player, but he has been a terrible executive. Time for a change at the top after another quick playoff exit.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Well.... Nylander got that deal because Matthews/Marner/Tavares have that deal. The internal structure was so screwed up.

We will see if Tre is the right candidate soon enough. Just one more year until tavares and marner contracts are up.

him not throwing away the 1st rounder this year because "answers have to come from the locker room" was enough evidence that he operates differently than glasses.

TBD of course. He was also just hired in the middle of summer and did not over invest in hard cap signing bertuzzi and domi to one year deals so its not that bad IMO. The Kampf contract may be a bit on the high side but can be dealt if needed.

I think we will see what Tre is this summer. Given his interview after the GM's meeting in Florida I actually have some hope that even if he is not the best GM ever he will be a lot better than dubas for sure

Though historically speaking Tre's style seems to have a fairly quite tdl, so I don't think we can take away too much yet of his intentions.

If Shanny is replaced I think Tres gone within a year

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
We throw the Habs series even though Willy is playing like a greek god.

0 positive contribution from Tavares or Marner.

This series the same thing happened.

We literally needed Marner to put up an offensive performance more than 1 game in a 7 game series. He was great in game 5. Where was that????

22 million locked up in JT and Marner is the #1 reason we suck.

Matthews without Marner looked just as bit if not better with 2 mediocre wings.

Matthews showed game 2, he can be that dude without a lot of help. What has Marner showed?

SHOW ME THE LEGACY GAME FOR MARNER.
JT was injured in the first game of the Habs series.
But I do agree with the rest of it.
AM, JT and MM combined for 3 goals at 34mil
While
Bert, Domi and Kampf also combined for 3 goals but at 10.6mil.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Though historically speaking Tre's style seems to have a fairly quite tdl, so I don't think we can take away too much yet of his intentions.

If Shanny is replaced I think Tres gone within a year

shanny has what like a year left on his new deal? They'll probably let it go for a year more

Shanny, Tavares, Marner contracts are all up at the same time.

If Shanny pushes to "buy now" then I want Shanny canned. Shanahan should have no more long-term input in the Leafs' future.

Treliving I still need to see how he operates. So far as far as I am concerned he is a lot better than dubas at least in terms of foresight. He did not throw away a 1st round pick b/c "answers must come from the locker room"

thats the kind of GM I can get behind when he sees the big AAV players once again continue to crap the bed especially Marner

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Reilly skipping the media was a big red flag.
Historically he's seemed like he's been fine in a leadership role, not a good look.

He and Marner should have been at the forefront with the other core guys shielding the rest of the team
Both looked bad in my opinion. Just own up to it. Even if they cried after the game, or cracked down at the presser, it is fine. But running away as Leaders of the group is a really bad look.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Both of his nice plays were to Edmondson

Starting to wonder if it's literally Montour that separates the panthers from Bruins and Leafs. Both Leafs and Bruins lack that high level 2-way D after their no.1

But if Leafs get one they don't become panthers equal, they will surpass them.
Leafs don’t have a number 1 unfortunately. Rielly is at best second pair on a cup contender. Montour would become their number one.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Agreed. However, the real issue here, an issue which encapsulates all of the problems with this organization as a whole, is that they failed to adapt to the situation. Sure, Dubas and Shanny's plan might have worked had the cap continued to rise like it had every year for the past 20 years and no, I don't blame them for not being able to foresee a worldwide pandemic occurring for the first time in 100 years, basically. Having said that, it IS their fault that they refused to alter the plan once that happened. They doubled down on it over and over and over despite the fact that it was never going to work.
I have said what you are saying for years whenever someone defended this "Plan"...the problem along with what you said is that I highly doubt it would have worked for them even if the pandemic didn't happen. The skill guys he always wanted never showed up to play a different game than the regular season. He kept pushing the skill over everything even when a dumpy Montreal team showed everyone that you don't need the most skill to get far. The whole NuHockey stuff was from Shanny who then sought out Dubas more than it was Dubas pulling the wool over Shanny's eyes IMO.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
it doesnt matter that every team went through covid as well, when they signed Tavares the idea was the cap would continue to rise and everything would be fine. flatcap happened and now suddenly that signing was a major mistake but how the hell could anyone prepare for that?

its not an excuse if the cap continued to rise the signing would have never been an issue.
These guys sign for a percentage of the cap and that’s how we arrive at a dollar amount so even if the cap went up their percentage would have been the same but the dollar value would have risen to reflect the cap increase. It’s all about the percentage and they still would have taken 50%
What's he worth? Our fanbase thinks nothing, what do other GMs think?
I would think he absolutely has value to a team that doesn’t already have 3 similar forwards already over 11 million each .

LMAO Keefe knows too eh? :laugh:

Hahahaha

Reactions: socko and Trapper

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Doesn’t make sense but ok.
My bad I worded that wrong re reading it. I meant why would someone reach out to Babcock? He’s been out of the game for a while and doesn’t have any Intel on the leafs. I feel like he reached out to Montgomery.

These guys sign for a percentage of the cap and that’s how we arrive at a dollar amount so even if the cap went up their percentage would have been the same but the dollar value would have risen to reflect the cap increase. It’s all about the percentage and they still would have taken 50%

I would think he absolutely has value to a team that doesn’t already have 3 similar forwards already over 11 million each .

Hahahaha
How did Keefe answer that question of the long pause?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The cap would rise for the rest of the league as well.

One way or another we had no need for JT , it f*cked our internal cap structure, stripped Matthews of any responsibility and ultimately C, costed us draft picks we could turn in two lines of Matthew Knies -let that sink in. The depth we had in Kadri, Hyman ...

I could go on, pointing out that even with raising cap, we would be suckers with the worst cap structure in the league.

But yeah, it would be slightly better if not for COVID. No one expected COVID, Dubas is lucky COVID happened, gave him an excuse.
your not getting it, it doesnt matter if the cap is or isnt rising for the rest of the league. the idea behind signing Tavares was the cap would continue to rise and make room for future moves, it didnt rise.

Matthews lost the C because he decided to get drunk and get in some ladies car at like 3am and she had no clue who he was, then he got out and mooned her or something else.

if the cap would have gone up as expected we should have ended up with 9m more, the flat cap gave us like 2m lol

I wouldnt really call losing in the 1st round every year and the one year they get through only winning one extra game then getting fired lucky

umm pretty sure when they sign at a certain % of the cap and then as the cap rises that % drops

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Nope as the cap rises the percentage stays the same and their dollar value rises with the cap otherwise they would all still be making 7 million for a star

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Reilly skipping the media was a big red flag.
Historically he's seemed like he's been fine in a leadership role, not a good look.

He and Marner should have been at the forefront with the other core guys shielding the rest of the team

The one thing I’ll give Marner is he actually never skips talking to the media. Love or hate him, he at least has the stones to face the media and take media availability more than anyone on the team. He’s not good at it, but you have to at least respect the fact that he will go speak to the media. Him and Willy

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
The one thing I’ll give Marner is he actually never skips talking to the media. Love or hate him, he at least has the stones to face the media and take media availability more than anyone on the team. He’s not good at it, but you have to at least respect the fact that he will go speak to the media. Him and Willy
Where was he yesterday?

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
The overtime goal was one thing, but why is everyone forgetting about the soft goal that he let in right after we scored? Without that goal it doesn't even go to OT. I'm positive Woll makes that save.

Lindholm just flicked the puck at the net with no windup, the defenceman that scored 3 goals all year and the puck hit his hand and then went into the net on the first shot he faced after we took a 1-0 lead.

The overtime goal was one thing, but why is everyone forgetting about the soft goal that he let in right after we scored? Without that goal it doesn't even go to OT. I'm positive Woll makes that save.

Lindholm just flicked the puck at the net with no windup, the defenceman that scored 3 goals all year and the puck hit his hand and then went into the net on the first shot he faced after we took a 1-0 lead.

Rielly screens him with a weak ass attempt to block the shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad