Highest ceiling for RFAs: Laine vs Aho vs Marner vs Ranta vs Point

Which of these high end RFA players have the highest ceiling as a player?

• Total voters

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Laine is the only guy here with the potential to lead the league in goals and nobody here is going to win an art ross, so i'll go with him.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think Rantanen gets paid the most out of all of them. Also believe he's the best out of them though.
Neither of which is the actual question being asked though ;)

Laine is the only guy here with the potential to lead the league in goals and nobody here is going to win an art ross, so i'll go with him.

I could see Marner or Ranta winning a ross one day. They were both in the chase for a while this past season

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Neither of which is the actual question being asked though ;)

I could see Marner or Ranta winning a ross one day. They were both in the chase for a while this past season

I feel if Ranta wins the Rocket Mackinnon wins the art ross by a fair margin and the hart.
Mackinnon is the real driver on that team.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
now: point>=marner>>aho>>>>>rantanen>>laine
ceiling: marner>point>aho>>>>laine>=rantanen

LOL sure

Point has some nice teammates. Aho is the best player of his team by a fair margin.. Very ignorant list.

Laine holds the best Potential by far

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
This is laine no question, guy has frame, shot and passing. If he ever learns to protect puck and defend there is no mistake who would be the best player.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Come again?

If you don't see similarities between Marner and a young Patrick Kane, then you just don't watch enough hockey.
In fact Marners direct comparison by many before entering the draft was to Patrick Kane.
Marner is already better than Kane defensively, and he has put up 90+ points in his 3rd year, whereas Kane took 9 seasons to crack the 90 point mark, and has only done so twice in his 12 year career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad