GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Zadorov says nice things about Buffalo and brings a lot of what we need. Just worry about him and Clifton taking up the same role.

Ehhhh...he's going to get paid, and we don't need an LD. I'd rather trade for Marino or do a cheaper option like Jensen. I'm assuming Z is still prone to some boneheaded plays, too.

Reactions: Fjordy

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Not kidding:

Really haven't read much of anything in this thread since it started, but I know it's been the most active stickied thread on the Sabres board for weeks.

I go to check the Sabres board for first time in a week or so today and as I'm clicking my shortcut, I'm thinking, someone needs to photo-shop a hockey helmet onto the head of Ron Paul in the "it's happening" GIF / meme.

What do I see when I reach the Sabres home page?

Great minds think alike, indeed!!!!

Also, I see Sabres traded back yesterday.

=========================
I'm gonna enjoy this draft. Definitely time for a couple Friday beers.
I spent Wed and Thurs 11 hours both days in mid-90s each heat and humidity working side by side on my whole-house re-roof and porch expansion (new-roof). There was confusion between what was needed to be completed for them to roof, and what errors my first "helpers" made. I thought the new crew were going to do all of what was needed for extra cash on the side, but their list was shorter, and I had to "complete" the rest, or at least make it temporary using scrap fascia, etc., so they could establish their drip edge line, and then I'll get another crew to do the soffit and fascia on the whole house and porch. All good now, but wish I had a couple @MarkusKetterer 's a few months ago instead of the prior "helpers". They were hard workers but I knew more on how to build it correctly and spent too much time re-doing their work then ran out of time before the roofers came.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
There seems to be multiple picks in play, I'm curious if the bottle gets corked to closer to the broadcast to make it more interesting. Last year there were zero trades on the draft floor and it was boring as hell.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
LD, which will get 5M+ on the market? Pass
Term would be my issue at that price. But man, that guy brings something the sabres sorely need on the back-end. Not a lot of players around the league that can play in your top 4 AND blow up doodz.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Term would be my issue at that price. But man, that guy brings something the sabres sorely need on the back-end. Not a lot of players around the league that can play in your top 4 AND blow up doodz.
We have Sammy, not to mention the other LDs. Seriously, I don't see the point in Big Z at all.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
We have Sammy, not to mention the other LDs. Seriously, I don't see the point in Big Z at all.
I am not hyper-focused on LD/RD. I'm curious how many teams move there guys back and fourth these days.

I think they should move on from Sammy. His body does not seem up for the abuse he puts it through. Better to get something now.

Reactions: HOOats

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I am not hyper-focused on LD/RD. I'm curious how many teams move there guys back and fourth these days.

I think they should move on from Sammy. His body does not seem up for the abuse he puts it through. Better to get something now.
I think it would be a mistake to move on from Sammy and sign Zadorov for 6-7 million. He averaged 17 minutes per game this season and only hit the big time in the playoffs. I know all the Russian players very well and he is not the guy you want to pay that kind of money to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad