GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I would be very happy to trade for Marino based on everything I've read about him. His speed and defensive game would gel well with Byram.

Kevyn DO IT
I'd be surprised. I've yet to hear him mention they want a top-4 D. Our only hope if the connection to Ruff. If Ruff pounds the table hard enough maybe he can get Adams to make the move. Granato heavily endorsed Greenway, which is what led to Adams making the trade. Thanks Donnie!

Reactions: Jacob582 and Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Johnson+ or picks maybe?

I'd be surprised. I've yet to hear him mention they want a top-4 D. Our only hope if the connection to Ruff. If Ruff pounds the table hard enough maybe he can get Adams to make the move. Granato heavily endorsed Greenway, which is what led to Adams making the trade. Thanks Donnie!
Marino is a perfect fit to play with Byram or Power.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Johnson+ or picks maybe?

Marino is a perfect fit to play with Byram or Power.
Yup. I like Byram's physical game more, and I think that'd benefit that pair. I'm also not sold on Byram-Dahlin being a steady top pair. I think Power would be a better fit with Dahlin.

Reactions: mviewer1 and Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe Joker + 4th or 2nd + 4th
I think they want to sign Pesce, so they will have Hamilton, Pesce and Nemec on RD, I doubt they need Joker. But they traded their LD Bahl and are left with only Siegenthaler and Hughes on LD.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Ryan Johnson is awesome I don't want to move him. I just don't see Adams getting any more D. Needs to shed Joker anyways.

Perhaps you all forgot about Samuelsson. Thats the top 4 where is Marino fitting. Is Power or Byram now on the third pair? No thanks.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Ryan Johnson is awesome I don't want to move him. I just don't see Adams getting any more D. Needs to shed Joker anyways.

Perhaps you all forgot about Samuelsson. Thats the top 4 where is Marino fitting. Is Power or Byram now on the third pair? No thanks.
Marino in the second pair on RD. Ruff likes to give his defenders approximately equal ice-time.

Power - Dahlin
Byram - Marino
Samuelsson - Clifton

This doesn't mean Sammy will play 15 minutes a game, closer to 20.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
"You know, we had a lot of conversations and I am sure we will continue to have conversations. Unfortunately the value just did not make sense for us, but we have faith in our growth from within coming into this season." - Kev in about 24 hours.
"I talked to lots of GMs and you know what, half the players refuse to come here, another half want to be overpaid to come here and the remaining half just flatout laughed at me"

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Haha I used to live there. Most of my time was in the worst neighborhood in the city. Can't say many good things about that particular quadrant. But getting complete access to the flames & Oilers games, I love Kadri.
Kadri would be a great addition even if only for a few years. Can play up the lineup if needed.

Reactions: Jacob582

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Just took a walk down to the arena to do some real time reporting, see if there was was white smoke or white flags coming from the offices.

Nothing much to report besides this crew installing a Konsta Helenius wrap onto the pedestrian bridge mural...

1000010820.jpg

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Just took a walk down to the arena to do some real time reporting, see if there was was white smoke or white flags coming from the offices.

Nothing much to report besides this crew installing a Konsta Helenius wrap onto the pedestrian bridge mural...

View attachment 888732

Its a perfect time to put a whopee cushion in ole Kevyn's chair, everyone is in vegas!

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hes signed til like age 39.. no thanks
You know the old saying “beggars can’t be choosers”? We are the organization the beggars pity. Nothing we acquire is going to be perfect. Everything is going to have flaws or a bad contract or be a massive risk. Because we aren’t just the last dog at the bowl…there is no bowl.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
How many trades/ FA acquisitions have been made league wide thus far this off-season and how many of those should Buffalo have been in on in your opinion?

I bet I can find a dozen posts from this date last year that ask the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad