HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Seven

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Alright, Year Seven in our league starts now!

Here's the previous winners:
2018 MD Spartys
2019 Benchworth Bullmoose (contracted)
2020 Team Martinez
2021 Jasteroids
2022 Turkleton Turkeys
2023 Jasteroids

Keep eight players. Keep an additional three prospects if you have them. Prospects are position players drafted three or less years ago or goalies drafted five or less years ago. Prospects have played less than fifty games in the NHL. If you have any players that were added to rosters after leaving college last year (Luke Hughes, Matthew Knies, don't think there's many others who fall in this category that someone might have added last year), they're not eligible to be selected as keepers because they were not eligible to be drafted previously. This is because Yahoo doesn't add college players until they're signed to pro contracts and that happens after college seasons end.

We typically do the draft date on the last Sunday night before the season starts at like 9:30 EST. So I guess September 29. Will this work for everyone? It looks like the season starts on October 4 in Prague.

If that's when the season starts, I'll probably set the keeper deadline for September 27. Hopefully there's no significant injuries in preseason but you never know.

If anyone has any questions about prospect eligibility or anything else as you set your keepers, let us know in here.

Here's who owns all the teams (let me know if I have this wrong obv):

HF Login - Yahoo Team Name
Sparty - MD Spartys
Martin Elz - The Håkan Anderssons
The Zetterberg Era - Holland's Revenge
jaster - Jasteroids
saska sault - SaskaSault
Martinez - Team Martinez
turkleton85 - Turkleton Turkeys
Winger98 - Winger98
Wyzer Plan - Wyzer Plan
Electric Eric - Ypsi Bitsy Spiders

Here's the link to the Season Six thread in case you want to relive any of that:

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Oof, that'll be 3am ish my time. Guess that gives me a built in excuse to why my drafting results were bad. I'll make it happen though.

Whats the draft order?

@Sparty Keepers are set.

Rest of y'all leaning towards this being a rebuild year, don't have much in the way of prospects or younger players. Open to trades before the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Eric, I felt like some of you guys were overseas and I'm not sure what's a good way around that, sorry!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad