Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Between Peart and Lambos for me, went with Peart
I agree Peart is probably the best defenseman left on the board. Lambos is pretty far down the list for me though. He looked like a left handed Addison on Iowa; will be an afterthought until he learns to play at least average defense. Both Spacek and Hunt are ahead of Lambos IMO.

I went with Ritchie because I think he has the highest upside of the remaining forwards.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I certainly hope that Peart turns his game around and challenges for the role of best prospect dman not called Zeev, but I don't know how anyone who watched Iowa and St. Cloud last year can think that he had a better year than Hunt.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I certainly hope that Peart turns his game around and challenges for the role of best prospect dman not called Zeev, but I don't know how anyone who watched Iowa and St. Cloud last year can think that he had a better year than Hunt.
I definitely don’t watch SCSU, but it was pretty clear that Peart played the game better than any defender on Iowa to end the year.

Not that it matters anyways, I don’t see any of Peart-Hunt-Lambos-O’Rourke being given a shot with Brodin-Middleton-Chisholm at the NHL level and Buium likely joining the NHL team at the end of the year. Spacek is interesting because there is future lineup slots available (Spurgeon/Bogosian injury history) and he certainly looked decent at the WC. I would like to see him at least get a cup of coffee.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I definitely don’t watch SCSU, but it was pretty clear that Peart played the game better than any defender on Iowa to end the year.

Not that it matters anyways, I don’t see any of Peart-Hunt-Lambos-O’Rourke being given a shot with Brodin-Middleton-Chisholm at the NHL level and Buium likely joining the NHL team at the end of the year. Spacek is interesting because there is future lineup slots available (Spurgeon/Bogosian injury history) and he certainly looked decent at the WC. I would like to see him at least get a cup of coffee.
I didn't see that, at all. He looked ok. Certainly not better than Hunt. Hunt had a good season in a significantly better league than the NCAA. Peart had a decent, but mildly disappointing season in the NCAA. HIs offensive play was underwhelming, for a guy that skates and handles the puck reasonably well, and got #2PP time.

I was very hopeful about Peart going into last season, but he looked way too passive for me last year. Also didn't appear to grow much. Hunt looks taller and thicker.

We'll see what happens this fall in camp. It's sometimes hard to stand out as a bottom of the lineup Dman, but i can see Hunt being a better all round Dman than Merrill (not hard), and stronger, and better defensively than Chisholm(again, not hard). I sometimes wonder if BG/Hynes award bottom of the lineup spots because of inertia rather than talent. I get Chisholm's inclusion if he is going to be used on the PP, but with Spurgeon and Faber, is he really a better option? I will be interested to see how he pans out in his first full season. Merrill is...awful.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I didn't see that, at all. He looked ok. Certainly not better than Hunt. Hunt had a good season in a significantly better league than the NCAA. Peart had a decent, but mildly disappointing season in the NCAA. HIs offensive play was underwhelming, for a guy that skates and handles the puck reasonably well, and got #2PP time.

I was very hopeful about Peart going into last season, but he looked way too passive for me last year. Also didn't appear to grow much. Hunt looks taller and thicker.

We'll see what happens this fall in camp. It's sometimes hard to stand out as a bottom of the lineup Dman, but i can see Hunt being a better all round Dman than Merrill (not hard), and stronger, and better defensively than Chisholm(again, not hard). I sometimes wonder if BG/Hynes award bottom of the lineup spots because of inertia rather than talent. I get Chisholm's inclusion if he is going to be used on the PP, but with Spurgeon and Faber, is he really a better option? I will be interested to see how he pans out in his first full season. Merrill is...awful.
Chisholm is a far better dman than Hunt. He crushes Hunt’s AHL numbers and it is not particularly close.

Spurgeon needs to stay as far away from the power play as he can be.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Should’ve traded Middleton.

Don't even have to go straight to that, just could have waited on signing him until after next season to see how Chisholm does. Maybe Buium gets some games at the end of next season a la Faber. Maybe Hunt or Lambos or Peart take a big step forward this year and actually push for ice time in Minnesota.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Bankier.

He has only improved every season. He keeps improving, he's got the pro size, he plays both center and wing. And he's discovering his offensive upside every year.

On that trajectory, I expect him to be a top 6 forward for Iowa this year and be top 5 on team scoring, behind some of the vets. And a few games when Foligno/Hartman goes down to injury.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, if Chisholm doesn't have good year, then we're pretty weak down the left side.
I mean in the sense of not signing Middleton to an extension, trading him at the TDL, and Buium taking his spot in the top 4 once his season at Denver ends. The only troublesome area would have been the gap between the trade deadline and when Denver’s season ends. One would hope we could use that time to evaluate a few LD from Iowa at the NHL level.

Chisholm not having a good season is pretty far down my concern list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad