HFWF OT XII - MCG vs. Cor in a 1 Hour Iron Man Match

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
You're kinda missing the mark too, they weren't comparing boys fighting to sexual harassment. The idea is that the current culture around masculinity is flawed (this is indisputable) and not teaching kids how to unlearn problematic behavior from a young age can lead to poor mindsets that develop into worse behavior as an adult. Boys being told to suppress their emotions, act a certain way, be a certain way to live up to old and flawed ideologies of masculinity is why they become adults with emotional issues, misplaced aggression, and mental health problems. And of course these things lead to other things which leads to other things - the devaluing of other genders and treating them poorly can be one of them with certain people (hence the emphasis on harassment).

The negative reaction to the commercial from men who thinks it's a "man-hating" ad are pretty telling and scary tbh. I tried to go through the Twitter comments and ugh.

Anyway, we shouldn't get into it as #politics are banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disclose

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You're kinda missing the mark too, they weren't comparing boys fighting to sexual harassment. The idea is that the current culture around masculinity is flawed (this is indisputable) and not teaching kids how to unlearn problematic behavior from a young age can lead to poor mindsets that develop into worse behavior as an adult. Boys being told to suppress their emotions, act a certain way, be a certain way to live up to old and flawed ideologies of masculinity is why they become adults with emotional issues, misplaced aggression, and mental health problems. And of course these things lead to other things which leads to other things - the devaluing of other genders and treating them poorly can be one of them with certain people.

The negative reaction to the commercial from men who thinks it's a "man-hating" ad are pretty telling and scary tbh. I tried to go through the Twitter comments and ugh.

Anyway, we shouldn't get into it as #politics are banned.

Fair Enough.

Like I said, I think it is a good ad for them to do, just felt with these sort of things that a simple message is better than trying to squish all these different issues into one ad, and it can make the message lost. Like, I get and agree with what you said in the initial paragraph, but that doesn't really come across to me when I actually watch it, and I think that's my biggest issue with it. It just missed the mark IMO.

Like, I guess to me, what you said was perfect, in terms of the "unlearning behavior", and I think they just put more focus on the kids wrestling each other, rather than the father actually separating them, and teaching them.

Or with the bullying scene, the showed more of the father running with his kid to catch up to the bullies, and the bullies just ran away, and there was no part of actually, teaching the bullies anything, just his own kid was looking at him with admiration, which is fine, but it doesn't solve the actual problematical behavior.

The negative reaction is expected. I mean, Twitter is a cesspool :laugh:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yeah I get it, they can only squish so much into a short ad.

I think the implication is as long as you're acting on it, that in itself is already a lot which is true considering the old guard would be like "yeah, just let it happen boys will be boys blah blah."

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I haven’t trimmed my beard or shaved in like fourth months I’m a mountain man right now.

Also I’m with MCG I never use a real razor just electric shears and leave stubble. I’m too lazy.

Reactions: BonMorrison

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Bon's team at work

6UJDCvV.png

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
you're so fast at creeping, that you forgot it was someone else who challenged you.
i did a Paris and forgot to edit my name and i guess it was enough to find me by going to the Sens page on facebook.

Oh right @Serac challenged me.

To be fair it helped that you had a unique name. I would’ve never found it if your name was Michael or John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad