HFHabs 2020 Mock Draft - Completed

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
First of all the Penguins organisation would like to thanks Tomas Tatahhh for his work and time and everyone for their hospitality.

With that being said the Pittsburg Pinguins are very please to select from Everett, Kasper Puutio.

Right handed defenseman that will need to build muscle and continue to work on his skating but the tools are there. Very good IQ, passing and shooting. One of the youngest player of the draft.

Played against best lines with Finland in the international tournaments and played in one of the worst CHL team I have ever witness to start the season, but was way better after trade to Everett. Not the transition I anticipated for him coming over after being selected 1st overall in the import draft, but it leaves lot of room for progression.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Just came back from donating blood and I'm still a bit dizzy but here goes I guess !!

With pick # 88, the Tampa Bay lightning are proud to select, from the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL, forward Pavel Novak .
19379961_web1_Novak.jpg

'Novák is a good skater who likes to push the pace and get the puck to the middle of the ice. He filters the puck to the slot with efficiency and consistency. He still plays a bit of a perimeter role at times but his passing and vision are effective from the outside at the junior level. He likely needs to find that extra gear to get to the middle more often at the next level. When he does so in the WHL, he is extremely dangerous and has good hands in tight to find daylight.”

@TT1 is up next for Montreal and is being PMed .
Edit: I apparently can't PM him, let's hope he'll drop by at some point this morning.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With pick #90, the Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to select, from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL, goaltender Nick Malik.
malik-nick.png

''A butterfly goalie with good size, superb reflexes, good puck skills, plus NHL bloodlines. Has already had success at the men’s level at a young age and came over to north america this year in order to further his development. He has the potential to become a starting goalie at the NHL level when all is said and done.''

@Fozz is up next for Florida

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
With pick #91, Florida picks C Evan Vierling from the Barrie Colts.

Vierling is a quick and agile skater with good offensive instincts. However, he plays a solid two-way game and might end up being known more for his defensive abilities at the next level. He took his game to another level after being traded to Barrie.

Florida picks:
1 (15): Hendrix Lapierre - C
(46): Topi Niemela - RD
(77): Michael Benning - RD
(91): Evan Vierling - C

@jiboy PMed

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With pick #93, the Boston Bruins are proud to select, from the Windsor Spitfires of the OHL, defenseman Ruben Rafkin.
Windsor-Spitfires-Ruben-Rafkin.jpg

''Excellent at taking away space and playing with intensity in the defensive end, he loves to step up on attacking forwards at the blueline or as they cut to the middle. He also shows potential as a puck carrier and powerplay QB and could round out as a very complete pro defenseman in a few years''.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With pick # 94, the Tampa Bay Lightning select, from the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL, defenseman Donovan Sebrango .
dominic-sebrango.jpg

''Donovan is one of the best skaters in this year’s draft out of the OHL. He has the ability to skate by anyone in the neutral zone. He can beat forecheckers by using his speed and edge work and he is a threat whenever he is in the offensive zone. He has good puck skills and can handle pucks at high speed and he is a very high risk high reward type of player. He competes hard all over the ice and won’t back down from anyone. Donovan has the skating ability and skill to be a very good player at the next level''
@MarkovsKnee is next with Ottawa and is being PMed.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Vierling is a quick and agile skater with good offensive instincts. However, he plays a solid two-way game and might end up being known more for his defensive abilities at the next level. He took his game to another level after being traded to Barrie.
Vierling is a smooth skating centerman with intriguing offensive instincts. He’s a smart player that is great defensively and seems to have taken it to another level playing on Barrie.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Fozz and Habs76

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With pick # 94, the Tampa Bay Lightning select, from the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL, defenseman Donovan Sebrango .
dominic-sebrango.jpg

''Donovan is one of the best skaters in this year’s draft out of the OHL. He has the ability to skate by anyone in the neutral zone. He can beat forecheckers by using his speed and edge work and he is a threat whenever he is in the offensive zone. He has good puck skills and can handle pucks at high speed and he is a very high risk high reward type of player. He competes hard all over the ice and won’t back down from anyone. Donovan has the skating ability and skill to be a very good player at the next level''
@MarkovsKnee is next with Ottawa and is being PMed.

Nooooooooooo! :banghead:

First, you take Rafkin with Boston, and I was ok, cool, cool, no problem I'll take Sebrango. Then you take Sebrango for TB! Suddenly not liking this 2 team thing at all.

:wally

Give me a minute here. Didn't have a 3rd choice.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Ok. The Ottawa Senators are pleased to select from the USNTDP Eamon Powell (RD).

A smooth, graceful skater, Powell transitions the puck effortlessly. Defensively, he uses his skating to angle players into bad areas and uses an active stick to take the puck away. Offensively, he can walk the blueline and quickly change shooting angles to get pucks on net. A two-way player with solid hockey IQ, he had a solid season for the NTDP and will play for Boston College next season.

Happy with this pick actually.

I will pm next GM.

Just realized my next pick isn't til the end of the 5th.

Reactions: Fenris

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Ok. The Ottawa Senators are pleased to select from the USNTDP Eamon Powell (RD).

A smooth, graceful skater, Powell transitions the puck effortlessly. Defensively, he uses his skating to angle players into bad areas and uses an active stick to take the puck away. Offensively, he can walk the blueline and quickly change shooting angles to get pucks on net. A two-way player with solid hockey IQ, he had a solid season for the NTDP and will play for Boston College next season.

Happy with this pick actually.

I will pm next GM.

Just realized my next pick isn't til the end of the 5th.

Powell at 95 is such a great gamble. To find Top-4 potential here is very interesting. I already kinda hate the Sens, but if that's what they end up with, I'll be legit mad.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

John WhiteVan

Feb 2, 2018
Cape Breton
With the 96th pick, Calgary selects from the Sudbury Wolves Jack Thompson (D)

JackThompson.jpg

Thompson plays a strong two-way game based on his excellent mobility. He skates well and loves to get forward, joining the rush and even leading it at times through the neutral zone. He is also able to pinch in from the blue line and still get back defensively. Thompson has an excellent slap shot that is a real weapon on the power play. Good lateral agility makes him tough to beat in one-on-one situations, and he uses an active stick to knock pucks away from defenders.

LA is up. Pm'ing @Schooner Guy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
With the #97 pick, the LA Kings select from the USA U-18 program.....center Dylan Peterson.

EJ7gceaWsAII_9D.jpg

Dylan is a good skater with size and a good shot. He plays a strong defensive game. We see him as a safe pick who will at some point play a bottom 6 role in the NHL. Dylan has committed to Boston University for the 2020-21 season.

LA Kings picks:
#4 (1) - Jamie Drysdale - RD - Canada
#35 (2) - Eemil Viro - LD - Finland
#48 (2) - Emil Andrae - LD - Sweden
#55 (2) - Jaromir Pytlick - C- Czech Republic
#66 (3) - Ty Smilanic - C- USA
#80 (3) - Yan Kuznetsov - LD - Russia
#97 (4) - Dylan Peterson - C - USA

I have PM'd @TT1

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
With the #97 pick, the LA Kings select from the USA U-18 program.....center Dylan Peterson.

EJ7gceaWsAII_9D.jpg

Dylan is a good skater with size and a good shot. He plays a strong defensive game. We see him as a safe pick who will at some point play a bottom 6 role in the NHL. Dylan has committed to Boston University for the 2020-21 season.

LA Kings picks:
#4 (1) - Jamie Drysdale - RD - Canada
#35 (2) - Eemil Viro - LD - Finland
#48 (2) - Emil Andrae - LD - Sweden
#55 (2) - Jaromir Pytlick - C- Czech Republic
#66 (3) - Ty Smilanic - C- USA
#80 (3) - Yan Kuznetsov - LD - Russia
#97 (4) - Dylan Peterson - C - USA

I have PM'd @TT1

Dang it. Wanted Peterson and was 2 picks away. I may be old school but every team needs good defensive centres that play physical.
It has been very depressing watching the 3rd round and early 4th without having a pick.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Dang it. Wanted Peterson and was 2 picks away. I may be old school but every team needs good defensive centres that play physical.
It has been very depressing watching the 3rd round and early 4th without having a pick.

Peterson was the last player left in my Top 62 that I put together before the draft. Now I need to do up another list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad