HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #14 (closed)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

• Jiri Kulich - C/W

• Anton Silayev - D

• Shane Wright - C

• Olen Zellweger - D

• Jonathan Lekkerimaki - RW

• David Reinbacher - D

• Berkly Catton - C

• Gabe Perreault - RW

• Zayne Parekh - D

• Callum Ritchie - C

• Jimmy Snuggerud - RW

• Denton Mateychuk - D

• Tij Iginla - C/W

• Dalibor Dvorsky - C

• Dmitri Simashev - D

• Lane Hutson - D

• Conor Geekie - C

• Nate Danielson - C

• Brad Lambert - C/W

• Sam Dickinson - D

• Matt Savoie - C

• Beckett Sennecke - RW

• Axel Sandin-Pellikka - D

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
You’re a hoot dude, I’m loving your bias takes.
It’s nearly in every thread you create, it’s become a meme now.

I don’t care if you add him or not, just leave him out for good then, it’s you’re thread.

I don’t usually vote in your biased threads.
Just pointing out you’re bias nothing more.

They are as bad as your top ranking threads you create. 🤣

Sometimes, you just have to take the L and continue your journey

The Hill you try to defend ain't worth it at the end

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Lies.

Come on. He was 41% CF at 5 on 5.

And I watched him cause I always root for the little guys. But he was not "great."

You might root for little guys, but you're definitely not rooting for Hutson, that's pretty obvious with your posts.

Hutson looked great for a first 2 NHL games. Most prospects look timid and play it safe in their first few NHL games. That wasn't the case with Hutson. Playing in the NHL didn't overwhelm him at all. How many players have as good of a highlight package after their first 2 NHL games?

Longtime Local

Sep 7, 2021
You might root for little guys, but you're definitely not rooting for Hutson, that's pretty obvious with your posts.

Hutson looked great for a first 2 NHL games. Most prospects look timid and play it safe in their first few NHL games. That wasn't the case with Hutson. Playing in the NHL didn't overwhelm him at all. How many players have as good of a highlight package after their first 2 NHL games?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Poehling looked great in his first game as well for habs, with a hat trick.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Many teams had him high on their lists…. I’d say he’s a raw/project player but his ceiling is through the roof

Buium is what Montreal fans pretend Hutson is
But that still isnt a top-15 prospect; he went 12th in his own draft..

You’re a hoot dude, I’m loving your bias takes.
It’s nearly in every thread you create, it’s become a meme now.

I don’t care if you add him or not, just leave him out for good then, it’s you’re thread.

I don’t usually vote in your biased threads.
Just pointing out you’re bias nothing more.

They are as bad as your top ranking threads you create. 🤣
Hey bud, is Batherson still better than Bratt?

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Meh im pretty high on Buium, i was fine/happy to take him at 3 if we went that route tbh .
He was rated highly ive seem

Just will be an interesting look back - was he dropped for good or bad reasons and who was right, the fans or the teams who passed on him

Youve lost the plot when you bring up two games as a highlight package

Is this Bronny James?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Poehling looked great in his first game as well for habs, with a hat trick.

And? Playing great in your first few games doesn't guarantee NHL success, but it's still a good achievement to have.

You have people upgrading/downgrading a prospect's status based on how they do at the WJC, where only 4-7 games are played and half of those are blowouts. Plenty of prospects had a great wjc tournament but ended up busting. There are also plenty who had a bad tournament and became great NHL players. Having a good wjc is still a better indicator of future success than having a bad one.

Poehling scored 3 goals in 11 min of ice time.
Hutson played 45 min, so that's 4 times the same sample we had of Poehling's.

Nothing of what Poehling did was sustainable. He never even was much of a goalscorer. The biggest mark with Poehling has always been how much offence he had in him.

What was impressive about Hutson in those 45 mins wasn't the 2 pts he got. It was the offence he generated. He's always been an elite offensive dman. Hutson is known for offense, and he generated offense. What he did is a lot more sustainable than what Poehling did.

That doesn't guarantee Hutson will become a high end offensive dman in the NHL, but it helps the belief that he can be.

Last edited:

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks

You heard it here folks. 2 game sample size. He’s going to be Bobby Orr

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
thanks for proving my point.

What point?
There's also nothing that guarantees NHL success, so what I wrote isn't proving your point whatever it is. Celebrini is likely to become a good nhl player based of what he did in his hockey career so far, but its not a guarantee.
Kakko was drafted 2nd overall and put up big numbers in a pro league, and he still busted hard.

You heard it here folks. 2 game sample size. He’s going to be Bobby Orr

Learn to read.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
What point?
There's also nothing that guarantees NHL success, so what I wrote isn't proving your point whatever it is. Celebrini is likely to be good in the nhl based of what he did, but its not a gurantee. Kakko was drafted 2nd overall and put up big numbers in a pro league, and he still busted hard.

Learn to read.
I can read. That’s how I know your posts are so painful.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
What point?
There's also nothing that guarantees NHL success, so what I wrote isn't proving your point whatever it is. Celebrini is likely to become a good nhl player based of what he did in his hockey career so far, but its not a guarantee.
Kakko was drafted 2nd overall and put up big numbers in a pro league, and he still busted hard.

Learn to read.
Hutson great for 2 games
Poehling: 3 goals in first game.

Then you said something along nothing guarantees an NHL player.

That was the point.
But we do agree, I guess, nothing can be determined from 1 or 2 games

Last edited:

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

Sven Baertschi did.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

Getting outshot 24-15 while on the ice 5v5 seems a touch overwhelmed to me. (for context, that's about the rate Vlasic posted on the sharks this year)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Hutson great for 2 games
Poehling: 3 goals in first game.

Then you said something along nothing guarantees an NHL player.

That was point.
But we do agree, I guess, nothing can be determined from 1 or 2 games
Hell, Ty Smith had a great rookie season and then died somehow and is now on his 3rd team.

I have yet for anyone to explain to me how a player like Hutson won't be a liability in his own end and will play Top minutes through Multiple games. Something a lot of the Defenseman who are still in the poll have shown they can do.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Hell, Ty Smith had a great rookie season and then died somehow and is now on his 3rd team.

I have yet for anyone to explain to me how a player like Hutson won't be a liability in his own end and will play Top minutes through Multiple games. Something a lot of the Defenseman who are still in the poll have shown they can do.
was good enough to be Team USA's #1D with top minutes. I mean...

You dont dominate NCAA 2 years in a row putting up similar number as Makar and Fox, and then just cant cut it in the NHL because youre 10 lbs lighter. His skill is elite already and he'll adapt. Defensive game remains a question, yes, but those Dmen do exist in the NHL, and they have had great/decent careers regardless. No ones giving him a Norris.

But to compare to a Ty Smith? please. If Ty Smith had the skill and stickhandling Hutson has, he would be more effective. But he doesnt, at all! Youre all comparing him to these failed offensive Dmen and saying "thats probably going to be Hutson" because thats what youre hoping (that the Habs fail). I get that its annoying to constantly see the hype, even I get annoyed, but quit trying to convince the Habs fanbase that hes trash. He absolutely is not.

I swear I cant wait for him to get voted in at this point so we can move on..... For every homer hyping him up to be the next Makar, theres a Hab hater whos saying he'll barely be NHL caliber. Both are stupid takes....

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Im kinda hoping Hutson wins this so we can move on....

was good enough to be Team USA's #1D with top minutes. I mean...

You dont dominate NCAA 2 years in a row putting up similar number as Makar and Fox, and then just cant cut it in the NHL because youre 10 lbs lighter. His skill is elite already and he'll adapt. Defensive game remains a question, yes, but those Dmen do exist in the NHL, and they have had great/decent careers regardless. No ones giving him a Norris.

But to compare to a Ty Smith? please. If Ty Smith had the skill and stickhandling Hutson has, he would be more effective. But he doesnt, at all! Time will tell, but so far what hes shown in NCAA is very eye opening and telling whether you think so or not.

I swear I cant wait for him to get voted in at this point so we can move on..... For every homer hyping him up to be the next Makar, theres a Hab hater whos saying he'll barely be NHL caliber. Both are stupid takes....

I wasn't comparing Hutson to Ty smith. I was using him as an example that even more the two good games don't show how good a player is.

There are players like Hutson in the NHL but not very many. probably about six or seven and only three If them I would consider elite like some people claim Hutson is.

The Hab's like the Devils have and had small players on their team that cough off the puck deep in their own zone and lead to scoring chances against them. I don't see Hutson having the skills needed to mitigate that problem. He's not like other small defenseman who have the speed or like spurgeon who fights with everything he has for the puck.

----

On a different topic It looks like 100% of the Hutson votes are people who post on the habs forums while for Wright there are Fans of 10+ teams voting for him, Two Hab's fans and two soccer fans.

Sorry for outing you two Habs fans who voted Wright.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I wasn't comparing Hutson to Ty smith. I was using him as an example that even more the two good games don't show how good a player is.

There are players like Hutson in the NHL but not very many. probably about six or seven and only three If them I would consider elite like some people claim Hutson is.

The Hab's like the Devils have and had small players on their team that cough off the puck deep in their own zone and lead to scoring chances against them. I don't see Hutson having the skills needed to mitigate that problem. He's not like other small defenseman who have the speed or like spurgeon who fights with everything he has for the puck.

----

On a different topic It looks like 100% of the Hutson votes are people who post on the habs forums while for Wright there are Fans of 10+ teams voting for him, Two Hab's fans and two soccer fans.

Sorry for outing you two Habs fans who voted Wright.
its all a question of adaptation/IQ at this point and time will tell if he has it. The fact that he was groomed in NCAA to me is already an advantage (over CHL).

But yes, I agree, hes totally getting voted in based on the big fanbase. Its happens every year at some point after the top 10 whether it be: Habs, Leafs, Canucks, or Oilers fans.... Still deserves to be top 20 or 25 in my opinion. The few expert prospect lists I saw to help me with these choices (McKeens, Wheeler, Button) did have him between 15-25 (although their lists didnt have the 2024 picks included).

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad