HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #13 (closed)

• Jiri Kulich - C/W

• Anton Silayev - D

• Shane Wright - C

• Olen Zellweger - D

• Danila Yurov - C/W

• David Reinbacher - D

• Berkly Catton - C

• Gabe Perreault - RW

• Zayne Parekh - D

• Callum Ritchie - C

• Rutger McGroarty - RW

• Denton Mateychuk - D

• Tij Iginla - C/W

• Dmitri Simashev - D

• Lane Hutson - D

• Conor Geekie - C

• Nate Danielson - C

• Brad Lambert - C/W

• Sam Dickinson - D

• Matt Savoie - C

• Beckett Sennecke - RW

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
One of these days, Habs fans will shoehorn their midget in there.

Yurov getting the vote is hilarious. It hasn't taken long for teams to look stupid for "Oh no Scary Russian" draft strategy.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
One of these days, Habs fans will shoehorn their midget in there.

Yurov getting the vote is hilarious. It hasn't taken long for teams to look stupid for "Oh no Scary Russian" draft strategy.
so putting up very good numbers in the KHL at age 19/20 means nothing to you? Just like it meant nothing when Paranin, Kaprizov, Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, and now Michkov did?

Its more proven than just having decent junior numbers at age 17

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
oh im sure its as bad has his past lists, maybe worse

Josh Roy is 18th, Stankoven and Nikishin are 30 and 31, if that gives you any idea. :laugh:

so putting up very good numbers in the KHL at age 19/20 means nothing to you? Just like it meant nothing when Paranin, Kaprizov, Tarasenko, KUznetsov, and now Michkov did?

I guess I figured criticizing the "Oh no scary Russian" draft strategy kinda signaled why I thought it was hilarious lol. Yurov was drafted well below where the consensus ranked him for seemingly obvious reasons and is already back up.

• Haha
Reactions: amnesiac

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I like Sennecke, but he wouldn't be getting a lick of votes like he is now if he went, say, 9th overall. I would take a handful of players still waiting to be added into the poll over him

Hutson too. Great prospect and this is not knock on him, but I believe Simashev, Sandin-Pellikka, Mateychuk, Reinbacher, and even Zellweger will turn out to become more impactful defenders overall
Hutson was voted above Reinbacher on our boards. The hype around Hutson is very high. Some of it is justified as he performed above expectations in his two games NHL stint at the end of the season on top of his brilliant achievements in the NCAA. 2 games. I know. Still a positive sign instead of 2 bad games.

Voters on our board are likely to vote here as well... And we have a big fanbase. Prepare for Hutson to be over ranked by the standards of where he is now and what we know of him. It could happen that he justifies the standing, but it will feel ridiculous at this point in time.

You just have to accept this in advance, because it is definitely coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad