HFBoards TOP 50 Prospect Ranking: #19 (closed)

• Drake Batherson - W

• Rasmus Sandin - D

• Dante Fabbro - D

• Josh Brook - D

• Oliver Wahlstrom - W

• Philip Broberg - D

• Cole Caufield - W

• K'Andre Miller - D

• Morgan Frost - C

• Henri Jokiharju - D

• Jusso Valimaki - D

• Joel Farabee - W

• Tyler Benson - W

• Adam Fox - D

• Barrett Hayton - C

• Ty Smith - D

• Mortiz Seider - D

• Aleksi Heponiemi - F

• Kristian Vesalainen - W

• Grigori Denisenko - W

• Other (who?)

• Dylan Cozens - C

• Peyton Krebs - C

• Mathew Boldy - C

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
That time of year.

Vote for who you think will be the best.

50 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Jack Hughes - C:devils14. Martin Necas - C:canes2740
2. Kaapo Kakko - W:rangers15. Noah Dobson - D:isles2841
3. Cale Makar - D:avs16. Adam Boqvist - D:hawks2942
4. Bowen Byram - D:avs17. Evan Bouchard - D:edmonton3043
5. Quinn Hughes - D:nucks18. Vasili Podkolzin - W :nucks3144
6. Alex Turcotte- C:kings193245
7. Vitali Kravtsov - W:rangers203346
T8. Kirill Kaprizov - W:wild213447
T8. Kirby Dach - C:hawks223548
10. Cody Glass - C:vegas233649
11. Erik Brannstrom - D:sens243750
12. Filip Zadina - W:wings2538
13. Trevor Zegras - C:ducks2639
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
to add:

Alexandre Texier
Alex Romanov
Jordan Kyrou
Bode Wilde
Timothy Liljegren
Kailer Yamamoto
Filip Hronek
Sam Steel
Nick Suzuki
Ryan Poehling
Sami Niku
Gabe Vilardi
Philippe Myers
Joe Veleno
Owen Tippett
Rasmus Kupari
Elie Tolvanen
Peyton Krebs
Nic Hague
Troy Terry
Max Comtois
Dillon Dube
Cam York
Victor Soderstrom
Cal Foote
Lias Andersson
Alex Newhook​

Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
jesus christ.... within minutes the Oiler homers are voting Broberg.

anyway, still going with Batherson, then Frost, Cozens, Smith, Sandin, Hayton,

Last edited:

Hahahax

Apr 2, 2018
This is nothing more than a stupid homer contest. Proven by 2 guys being on the same team, the younger of them performing as well if not better than the older one most games and still getting less votes. Laughable.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, no way Broberg should have nearly as many votes as Smith. I'd even take Sandin, Fabbro, and Brook ahead of him.

He was a reach at the draft floor and a long term prospect, he's nowhere close to being NHL ready and is a high bust potential. It baffles me to see him getting this much false hype.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Why hasn't cozens gone yet?

1. Because there aren't enough Buffalo fans on the main boards homer voting on hyping up their guy
2. Because HF decided, during weeks where nobody was playing hockey, that Cozens was suddenly dropping down the draft rankings

Reactions: amnesiac

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
1. Because there aren't enough Buffalo fans on the main boards homer voting on hyping up their guy
2. Because HF decided, during weeks where nobody was playing hockey, that Cozens was suddenly dropping down the draft rankings
I think it's because he's viewed upon by many as having a higher floor but lower upside compared to others ranked in the top 10, and upside>floor is typically valued more online.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like K'Andre, Valimaki, Denisenko & Caufield for these next few spots.

And 3. Some of us weren't ever that high on Cozens :dunno:

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I like K'Andre, Valimaki, Denisenko & Caufield for these next few spots.

And 3. Some of us weren't ever that high on Cozens :dunno:
K’Andre has never done a single thing in hockey to be better than Ty Smith minus be bigger and more athletic.

He isnt even ahead of Sandin either

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Still Batherson, Smith or Denisenko for me...

But may vote to keep someone from zero-vote relegation. Who needs it most?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
K’Andre has never done a single thing in hockey to be better than Ty Smith minus be bigger and more athletic.

He isnt even ahead of Sandin either
K.

We'll see how Smith's game translates to the highest level, but I don't see anything that will make him special in the NHL. Very solid with his skating & safe-decision making, but I'm not very high on him at all. Whereas K'Andre's potential just pops off the screen...and he took a huge step this past season.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
K.

We'll see how Smith's game translates to the higher level, but I don't see anything that makes him special. Very solid, but I'm not very high on him at all. Whereas K'Andre's potential just pops.
Smith was pre-draft ranked anywhere from the 2nd best dman of his class to where he was drafted, while K’Andre never shot above 15 mostly. Clearly Ty’s potential is a big reason because hes not the size of K’Andre

Ty will make the team this year while K’Andre likely doesnt. Both defenses are weak

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Smith was pre-draft ranked anywhere from the 2nd best dman of his class to where he was drafted, while K’Andre never shot above 15 mostly. Clearly Ty’s potential is a big reason because hes not the size of K’Andre

Ty will make the team this year while K’Andre likely doesnt. Both defenses are weak

That's nice for him, but I was higher on K'Andre even before his great draft+1; so I couldn't care less about their "consensus" rankings :dunno:

K'Andre is also much less polished than Smith and plays at a more challenging level; whereas Smith really has little more to gain from the Dub. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that Smith will be turning pro first...but that has little to do with which one will be better in their primes.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
For the 7th time in a row, Dylan Cozens.

I don't understand the Cozens hate. It was like the guy was all people could talk about, and then in January he started plummeting for what? It's almost like it became a trend, to drop Cozens in draft rankings, just because everyone else was doing it.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Hayton pretty easily for me

Zegras, Cozens, and Boldy would be pretty high up there too. Batherson has impressed the hell out of me as a Sens fan but I am not quite ready to vote him in yet

As an aside, Jacob Bernard-Docker is gonna be better than at least a few of the DMen listed. The impact he had as a freshman D in UofND is pretty unheard of. I am predicting he will be a steady Anton Stralman type player for a long time. Might not have offensive upside beyond 30-40 pts but he will do everything right

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
That's nice for him, but I was higher on K'Andre even before his great draft+1; so I couldn't care less about their "consensus" rankings :dunno:

K'Andre is also much less polished than Smith and plays at a more challenging level; whereas Smith really has little more to gain from the Dub. So it shouldn't surprise anyone that Smith will be turning pro first...but that has little to do with which one will be better in their primes.
Why would that be? If K’Andre plays in such a stronger league then he should, in theory, make the jump first no?

Ty was the last cut for the Devils last year and the main reason being expansion draft. He was good enough to make the team at 18. I doubt K’Andre made it past the second round of cuts but IDK the specifics.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
OP, can you change my vote from Sandin to Smith, I thought he was already off the board.

Lol at anyone voting for Broberg at this point. Shouldn't even be on the list.

Reactions: BabyPanda

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why would that be? If K’Andre plays in such a stronger league then he should, in theory, make the jump first no?

Ty was the last cut for the Devils last year and the main reason being expansion draft. He was good enough to make the team at 18. I doubt K’Andre made it past the second round of cuts but IDK the specifics.

Que? Miller was a lot rawer as a prospect coming out of high school hockey, even after his freshman season he still needs a lot more polish to make the most of his talent, and he's at a level that's better for gaining further polish at...whereas Smith has reached the limit of what the dub can offer him.

Again, why should I care? Development is not linear and plenty of superior players took longer to crack the NHL than other, inferior, players from the same draft. Smith was the better player on draft night, but that doesn't tell us which will be the better player at 23 :dunno:

Or is Girard a better young talent than Makar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad