HFBoards is the place to be

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
I agree.

If I couldn't check everyday to see the latest 2nd line winger to smash Matthews in an HF poll on who the better player is, I'd be lost.
Rather pessimistic view of it all, I’d say.
Don’t you cherish coming on HFboards during a big Leafs win night ?

The pendulum swings both sides. Matthews gets a lot of mischievous threads because of his capability as a player.

Cherish the Matthews milestone threads, and not the envious threads about him

Reactions: Metroid

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
js0yb90xrred1.gif

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Is “The Lounge” still over populated with ADHD 16 year olds?? I miss the “Page 2” days
The Lounge is the dark ally of the board. Scary place, never go there. Also trade rumors is more of a comedy act with the terrible trade proposals..."I'll trade you <insert 3rd line plug> for Matthews"

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I like the boards, but I preferred when Hockeys Future had a main site and individual team subsites with prospect rankings and articles and such.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Still a moderator here, at another forum that we generally don't talk about here, and a Discord server or two. People keep seemingly thinking it's okay for me to be in charge of stuff. It's weird. Clearly I don't spout off about my Opinions(tm) nearly enough to dissuade folks.
TIme to up your game. Or up whatever. :oops:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I thought about If tomorrow HFBoards was all of a sudden extremely less active than it was now , like 500 total posts on the main board and team boards combined. It made me incredibly grateful for how vibrant and polarizing this community is, it really is the NHL of online hockey discussion

This place has free expression, countless progressive hockey talk, countless regressive hockey talk , and on game nights I truly can’t think of a better enhancement to the NHL than HFBoards excluding watching it with loved ones.

And it goes on every single day of the year, HFBoards is the place to be!! And if you’re a part of it, you’re a chosen one :D

Should have been here 10 to 15 years ago--lots of post but it was ten time better

Evergreen

I’m glad to have HF. Fun to have a place to discuss hockey and I prefer message boards to Twitter, Reddit, Discord, etc.

It’s just a shame my team’s board is such a cesspool of negativity and complaining. It’s dominated by a few posters who criticize the team no matter what because it makes them feel superior.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
I’m glad to have HF. Fun to have a place to discuss hockey and I prefer message boards to Twitter, Reddit, Discord, etc.

It’s just a shame my team’s board is such a cesspool of negativity and complaining. It’s dominated by a few posters who criticize the team no matter what because it makes them feel superior.
Become a knights fan.

Pros
Winning culture,
Sustained success
Lots of room to spread out at HFVGK.

Cons
Everyone hates us for some reason :laugh:

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
Become a knights fan.

Pros
Winning culture,
Sustained success
Lots of room to spread out at HFVGK.

Cons
Everyone hates us for some reason :laugh:
That’s not a con in my eyes.

Enjoy the hate while it lasts, once a team is deemed no longer a threat, the hate slowly vanishes. And if you’re lucky it comes back or is sustained after a successful retool

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Everyone is super fake on Reddit because they want their comments to get upvoted rather than downvoted, so they never say what they really feel. Plenty of knowledgeable fans there but everyone finds what works and conforms and sounds the same. When I saw fans of rival teams in the middle of heated playoff series all falling over themselves to be light hearted and make themselves the butt of jokes in order to not get downvoted this really became obvious to me.
I purposely don't have flairs, and it pisses r/hockey off so much. Even questioning why you need a flair is entertaining. Easiest way to make enemies of everyone there. It's fun.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Forums are just so much better for discussion than any other form of modern platforms imo. The posts are in chronological order so it's much easier to see everyone's posts and engage with what you please. Sites like reddit I feel like I only read the first few posts, and since they are the most "upvoted" posts by default they are boring so I quickly lose interest and don't bother reading anything else. Most of the posts are the typical circlejerky stuff or over-used memes to get the most upvotes possible and don't bring any discussion. Bringing a point of contention might bring you too many downvotes so all the posts end up being as uninteresting and non-confrontational as possible. I guess you could say they are easy going and having fun instead of being too serious but you inevitably feel invisible on reddit and other similar websites, but not on HF.

Edit:
Everyone is super fake on Reddit because they want their comments to get upvoted rather than downvoted, so they never say what they really feel. Plenty of knowledgeable fans there but everyone finds what works and conforms and sounds the same. When I saw fans of rival teams in the middle of heated playoff series all falling over themselves to be light hearted and make themselves the butt of jokes in order to not get downvoted this really became obvious to me.
Didn't realize I was beaten to it. Wholeheartedly agree.

Last edited:

Stive Morgan

Nosferatu!
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Forums are just so much better for discussion than any other form of modern platforms imo. The posts are in chronological order so it's much easier to see everyone's posts and engage with what you please. Sites like reddit I feel like I only read the first few posts, and since they are the most "upvoted" posts by default they are boring so I quickly lose interest and don't bother reading anything else. Most of the posts are the typical circlejerky stuff or over-used memes to get the most upvotes possible and don't bring any discussion. Bringing a point of contention might bring you too many downvotes so all the posts end up being as uninteresting and non-confrontational as possible. I guess you could say they are easy going and having fun instead of being too serious but you inevitably feel invisible on reddit and other similar websites, but not on HF.

Edit:

Didn't realize I was beaten to it. Wholeheartedly agree.
Platforms like Reddit are inherently bad for discussion because

1) People just crack shitty jokes for upvotes.

2) People don't state their true opinions out of fear of downvotes, and even if they do, dissenting opinions are hidden at the bottom.

3) Unless you comment in the first 3 hours of the post, your comment will likely be ignored. Unlike forum threads which can go on for years or even decades.

It's so hard to find any actual discussion/information on Reddit because you have to sift through all the Karma farming clowns making stupid puns.

Reactions: Dempsey and Realgud

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I still have a folder of HF screenshots on one of my old drives. Sometimes I go through them for nostalgia purposes.

Here are some of my favourites. The people here are so goddamn funny. I had way older ones but that drive is sadly corrupted.

OyL3tJV.png

lTT3bAV.png

JmPeu9I.png

qgtctZb.png

yROFH9r.png

xxTLllD.png

pWQaF9J.png

7CU7g9s.png

oykZUah.png

2k1hoMK.png
There's only one that I keep, but it's truly incredible:

1729004304330.png