Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Where's the Beef?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Broberg..Whatever. Overpay him. Good for STL

I would have liked to Keep Holloway. It could have EASILY been done.

I think Jackson got cocky and arrogant and thought these 2 would "take less" like others did, but those others alrrady made a boat load of $$.

He did not prioritize them at all. I don't like Brobergs attitude. He has had 1 foot out the door (and the prick talked to Holloway about leaving on offersheets). Holloway should have been a priority.
Sigh…McLeod was treated the exact same way. The difference? He sucked it up and took the reasonable RFA deal and earned a higher contract the next year. Unfortunately that contract is exactly what he’s no longer with us along with the fact he couldn’t stake a claim to 3C.

Holloway and Broberg (save for Broberg being in the press box for too long) have not been hard done by and were not being hard done by. They were oft injured and only recently showed any semblance of a pulse.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Jackson comes across as an arrogant pompous know it all. He nickel and dimed Holloway while signing an ancient relic right in his face. I'm sure Holloway felt slighted.

Whats done is done. I just hope these guys in a panic don't trade away Savoie and Reilly for another aging bum.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jackson comes across as an arrogant pompous know it all. He nickel and dimed Holloway while signing an ancient relic right in his face. I'm sure Holloway felt slighted.

Whats done is done. I just hope these guys in a panic don't trade away Savoie and Reilly for another aging bum.
That would be beyond stupid. Unless we can get a top #2/#3 RHD on a decent contract for those guys we need them to inject some youth to the team over the next couple of seasons. I'd kill for a 22 year old Clattenburg on this team right now too.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Sigh…McLeod was treated the exact same way. The difference? He sucked it up and took the reasonable RFA deal and earned a higher contract the next year. Unfortunately that contract is exactly what he’s no longer with us along with the fact he couldn’t stake a claim to 3C.

Holloway and Broberg (save for Broberg being in the press box for too long) have not been hard done by and were not being hard done by. They were oft injured and only recently showed any semblance of a pulse.
No one was lining up to offer sheet Mcleod. It was a perfect storm for Broberg and Holloway. Both high draft picks and coming off impressive playoff runs.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018

I hated the Jackson hire from day 1. His only previous experience as an executive was a brief tenure as an AGM for a failure of a Leafs team. Handing him the reigns to the back half of McDrai’s career is an incredibly big gamble by Katz.

He still has goodwill with a large portion of the fanbase because we’re dopamine junkies who were enthralled with the social media notifications and “confirmed signing with link” posts during free agency, but before long most of the fan base will have turned on him. He has already done more harm than good to this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad