Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Hard to predict games today with so many teams on back to backs and starting back up goalies but here goes.

Preds
Canes
Isles
Jets
Bruins
Hawks
Bolts
Rangers (my "upset" pick)

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
^ Sparks in against Lundqvist(if that's who the Rags start) pretty much evens that playing field.

I watch a ton of hockey and should know this, but do not.
Are T.B vs Florida games the heated battles one would expect them to be?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
CSH3ezl.gif

No trip called...empty net awaits...2 refs with thumbs up their...

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
And I stand by the fact that no team gets “home cooking” officiating more than Nashville, Tennessee. I can’t wait to see what they do today.

Should be interesting. Blues need to play physical today, but stay out of the box. It will be a challenge in that barn.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
To be fair, it does look like the Pred touches the puck before the trip to the naked eye. Refs missed it, but it's understandable.
He doesn’t need to touch the puck for tripping to be waived. They changed the rule years ago. You can touch the puck and still be called for tripping.

Refs get subjective and want to keep the games close. If he calls the trip the Blues go on PP with less the 2 minutes left. Can’t have that....need to keep these games “exciting”....never mind the rules

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Am I experiencing deja vu? I just watched Preds/Blues yesterday afternoon. It was a good game, though, so I suppose that I could watch the replay.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
To be fair, it does look like the Pred touches the puck before the trip to the naked eye. Refs missed it, but it's understandable.
Yeah that doesnt really matter when the player reaches out and grabs the legs.

Thats a pretty blatant trip.

But that has nothing to do with it being the preds.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He doesn’t need to touch the puck for tripping to be waived. They changed the rule years ago. You can touch the puck and still be called for tripping.

Refs get subjective and want to keep the games close. If he calls the trip the Blues go on PP with less the 2 minutes left. Can’t have that....need to keep these games “exciting”....never mind the rules

As I posted yesterday, here's the tripping rule in the 2018-19 rulebook:
2018-19 NHL Rulebook said:
57.1 Tripping – A player shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall.

Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized. Accidental trips occurring simultaneously with or after a stoppage of play will not be penalized.

Trips that are accidental and simultaneous with completion of a play are not penalized, much like the follow through rule with high sticks, so it doesn't seem that much has changed from years ago. I think that it makes more sense that the refs were following that rule and determined that it applied than ignored it just to keep the game close.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
As I posted yesterday, here's the tripping rule in the 2018-19 rulebook:

Trips that are accidental and simultaneous with completion of a play are not penalized, much like the follow through rule with high sticks, so it doesn't seem that much has changed from years ago. I think that it makes more sense that the refs were following that rule and determined that it applied than were just being "subjective."
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad