GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/9/2024 | 5 Games tonight !

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Green Guys.gif

NHL 09.JPG

sml-billy.gif

The first NHL Survivor for 2024/25 is here, It's triple elimination, and I've already survived the first one...
Further info can be found here
Join up here

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
One of those rare nights every season where I actually hope the Habs win...but honestly I wish both teams could lose by 10 goals.

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
ohh f*** all those Canadian teams are going to make me come..........
and chat in here while I watch

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Do the Leafs start the season playing the North south hard to play against Berube style, or default into the players’ preferred east west fun to play way?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Do the Leafs start the season playing the North south hard to play against Berube style, or default into the players’ preferred east west fun to play way?
Hopefully the traditional "give up a boatload of bad goals" Leafs hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: Fatass

Edgelord

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Good question. I'm not opposed to a hybrid style. North/South from redline back and a bit of East/West from redline in.
The East/West, when done right is a great way to open the ice up to get a clean zone entry.

Hopefully the traditional "give up a boatload of bad goals" Leafs hockey.
Matthews is going to get 2 or 3 goals tonight

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Good question. I'm not opposed to a hybrid style. North/South from redline back and a bit of East/West from redline in.
The East/West, when done right is a great way to open the ice up to get a clean zone entry.

Matthews is going to get 2 or 3 goals tonight
East west turnovers will get that guy a seat on the bench with Berube coaching.
Matthews is fantastic. I see his goal totals in this new way of playing dropping. Likely he’s in the 40-50 range. But his defensive play will shine and he wins the Selke.
Matthews playing Selke winning hockey could very well what leads the Leafs to the Cup. Similar to the way Keon played. Sacrifice some offence (the fun east west game) to play the hard North South style that wins. Matthews is Captain now. He needs to be the leader and be the example the other guys follow.

Reactions: Edgelord

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Habs will probably be bottom 5 PK and bottom 5 PP this year. I expect a good 5 on 5 battle but Toronto smokes us in special teams , 4-1 laughs

Edgelord

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
East west turnovers will get that guy a seat on the bench with Berube coaching.
Matthews is fantastic. I see his goal totals in this new way of playing dropping. Likely he’s in the 40-50 range. But his defensive play will shine and he wins the Selke.
Matthews playing Selke winning hockey could very well what leads the Leafs to the Cup. Similar to the way Keon played. Sacrifice some offence (the fun east west game) to play the hard North South style that wins. Matthews is Captain now. He needs to be the leader and be the example the other guys follow.
True, I am cautiously optimistic about what Berube can do for this team. They always had the skill but seemed to lack that win or die mentality needed to win it all.
However, I do feel they looked a lil slow and this new style may be a problem against a fast team. But the Leafs were one of the better teams at playing with speed and they do have it in their back pocket if needed. Question is will Berube take the reigns off when needed.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Habs will probably be bottom 5 PK and bottom 5 PP this year. I expect a good 5 on 5 battle but Toronto smokes us in special teams , 4-1 laughs
Habs bottom five in league PP%? Can their PP be that bad with Caufield sniping, Slafkoski net front, and Hutson attacking from the point?

Edgelord

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
IMO it depends alot on Jackeye, if he is still on tilt and takes dumb penalties then I see a Leaf blowout but if the Habs can stay patient it should cause the Leaf to take chances to develop some offense and the Habs may be able to capitalize on those chances

Habs bottom five in league PP%? Can their PP be that bad with Caufield sniping, Slafkoski net front, and Hutson attacking from the point?
I think the Habs should have a decent PP, PK not soo much

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
True, I am cautiously optimistic about what Berube can do for this team. They always had the skill but seemed to lack that win or die mentality needed to win it all.
However, I do feel they looked a lil slow and this new style may be a problem against a fast team. But the Leafs were one of the better teams at playing with speed and they do have it in their back pocket if needed. Question is will Berube take the reins off when needed.
Winning is fun. The Leafs, playing how Berube wants, will win a lot. That equals players’ buy in. That adds up to a big year.

IMO it depends alot on Jackeye, if he is still on tilt and takes dumb penalties then I see a Leaf blowout but if the Habs can stay patient it should cause the Leaf to take chances to develop some offense and the Habs may be able to capitalize on those chances

I think the Habs should have a decent PP, PK not soo much
Agreed. Lots of firepower but aren’t exactly “stout” defensively.

Edgelord

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Winning is fun. The Leafs, playing how Berube wants, will win a lot. That equals players’ buy in. That adds up to a big year.

Agreed. Lots of firepower but aren’t exactly “stout” defensively.
I normally am just for anything Leafs and all the other teams don't matter to me but this yr I have a few other teams I'm feeling.
Obviously my Leafs, they're imprinted on my DNA and that will never change
I also am feeling the Devils, say what you want about Keefe but he gets the guys to play an exciting style and I think the Devils will be a fun team to watch.
Also going to keep an eye on the Sens, I am extremely bullish on Yakemchuk and think they may be fun to watch, and lastly Utah.
What about you? Do you have any teams outside of your main team you're going to follow?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I normally am just for anything Leafs and all the other teams don't matter to me but this yr I have a few other teams I'm feeling.
Obviously my Leafs, they're imprinted on my DNA and that will never change
I also am feeling the Devils, say what you want about Keefe but he gets the guys to play an exciting style and I think the Devils will be a fun team to watch.
Also going to keep an eye on the Sens, I am extremely bullish on Yakemchuk and think they may be fun to watch, and lastly Utah.
What about you? Do you have any teams outside of your main team you're going to follow?
Old time fan here. Keon and the Big M are still my favourite players. Not a Leafs fan now though. They are in the group, like you have, of clubs on my must follow this year because I think they will have a big improvement. Berube is huge for them. For the Devils I think Keefe is good but Markstrom will be their key to success. I’m keen on watching the Flyers too, because of Michkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad