GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/8/2024 - Welcome to the NHL Utah

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Grubauer is just not a starter in the NHL, and now we have multiple recent seasons of data to prove this. Kraken falling victims to the sunk cost fallacy

Kraken have been nothing short of dominant this game, Grubauer has just been the equalizer (As he probably will all season until they switch to Daccord)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bleedred

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I mean, they have Daccord who has pretty proven track record of being a better goalie at this point. Not saying they got to go out and get something, just choose the better guy of the two for the season debut, at least.

If this was true, the Oilers wouldn't have made the Finals with Jack Campbell in the minors

Both true, but teams tend to run with the trap, overpaid goalie in the hopes they turn it around before they give up.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Never understood why they traded for a goalie from a team known to have weak goaltenders.
He had incredible career stats before signing as a UFA, which is probably why he's getting so much grace from the organization. But man, they are now in year four of this contract and he just hasn't been the guy

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Grubauer is just not a starter in the NHL, and now we have multiple recent seasons of data to prove this. Kraken falling victims to the sunk cost fallacy

Kraken have been nothing short of dominant this game, Grubauer has just been the equalizer (As he probably will all season until they switch to Daccord)
The fact that Grubauer is now the starter yet again after Daccord usurped him last year is a complete and utter joke. Bylsma showing he's a clown upon entering the door, just for that alone. Did he have a good preseason/Daccord have a bad preseason or something? They could wind up f***ing the start of their season up over this, like when Edmonton did that with playing Jack Campbell to start last year after his hot preseason. The Kraken don't have McDrai to dig them out of that hole.

He PROBABLY should have been bought out this past offseason. They probably wanted to wait one more season, but the worst thing is he has a decent season and they prolong this for yet another year, which will only kill them next year.

I'm watching the Mets game, but I saw the goals. At least 2 of them were stoppable goals on Grubauer. He's a washed up sack of shit at this point. And we found this out a long time ago. Not just last year.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
NHL.com performs like shit till about January before Bettman calls the staff back into the office to actually work
I swear to god, every single year the site isn’t ready for the start of the season.

150%
IMG_0980.jpeg

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He had incredible career stats before signing as a UFA, which is probably why he's getting so much grace from the organization. But man, they are now in year four of this contract and he just hasn't been the guy
Expansion team bruh!

That's the cop out answer, considering that for much of the time the Kraken have played fairly safe, if not more than safe in front of their goaltenders.

Grubauer is toast. He may be able to resurrect his career in a change of scenery, especially if he's a backup on a strong team. I could see him playing decent on Tampa as the sparsely used backup to Vasilevskiy, he may be an upgrade over Jonas Johansson, but he's as toast as John Gibson is. Maybe even much more burnt than that.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The important thing to remember here is that nobody likes the Blues.

I will say this for approximately 31 teams this year for whenever they're playing the Kraken, but I'm still excited for someone to save this and share it with me as "evidence of bias" six months from now when they get an infraction from Troll Stomper,
I always knew that was your second account :sarcasm:

Solid game for Broberg, alright game for Holloway

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
There was about 10 minutes of that game that were good. Everything else was kind of boring.

Why are we going to a studio show when the Panther game has probably started. They should have automatically gone to Florida.

15 minutes to go before the start of the second game? They are already screwing up this tripleheader.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Now they are saying that they are going to the Banner raising ceremony. I thought they already had it. Is ESPN dictating when games start? Another reason to hate this tv deal and I can't wait till it ends.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Chalk up win number one for Broberg and Holloway. Both played important roles in the Blues’ win over the Krakken.

Straight Fire

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Pumped for these games!

Have to cheer for Florida but am keenly interested in how Boston looks with Lindholm and Zadarov this year. Hoping for the best for both of those two especially Zad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad