GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/4/2024 | Global Series: Buffalo Vs New Jersey | 1PM EST

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Meh this is not on the goaltending. First goal they allowed like 2-3 in close chances with no defenders around and he got beat close up. Give most NHLers a few looks up close without pressure from defenders they will undress a goalie.

Other two goals were through traffic. One he didn't see because the defense isn't clearing lanes for him (a lot of stick waving not a lot of physical defending), the other was again a one timer chance due to poor coverage.

I am not sure I've seen most of the Sabres forwards actually defending more than waving their sticks at guys. Forwards need to support the defense.

Man I'm not going to miss these conversations. Seems this is a Ruff thing

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I know it is early but either the Sabres have no idea what they are supposed to do when they actually gain the offensive zone or are too soft to do it. They don't want to cycle that much is clear, do they just want to exchange rush chances all game long?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
he-man-he-mana.gif

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I know it is early but either the Sabres have no idea what they are supposed to do when they actually gain the offensive zone or are too soft to do it. They don't want to cycle that much is clear, do they just want to exchange rush chances all game long?
They don't go to the net, and on that rare occasion when they do......oh look, a goal, by a defenseman of course, going to the net. Been the same since the year Eichel was drafted.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
One thing about Ruff is he's good at getting his team to play last 10 minute "Hero hockey". It doesn't always end up with a win since your usually down a goal but his teams are usually the best at it.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This game have felt like one team is determined to bounce back this year and know they can do it, and their new additions have fit in well, while the other is just spinning their wheels.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
This game have felt like one team is determined to bounce back this year and know they can do it, and their new additions have fit in well, while the other is just spinning their wheels.
Nobody believed Jersey was an 80 point team. This isn't a bounce back.. they are going to be one of the best teams in the league.. You don't lose your #1 Dman, #1 Center, #2 Center and goalie for significant chunks of the season without suffering.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Tuch and Thompson are just not what the Sabres seem to be set on continuing to pretend they are.
They'll show up. I don't have an issue with the talent the Sabres acquire, be it trade or draft. My issue is leadership. Who the f*** in that room is standing up saying "hey, wtf are you doing, what were you thinking"? As a Sabres fan, I don't just need accountability, I need it publicly shown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad