GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/4/2024 | Global Series: Buffalo Vs New Jersey | 1PM EST

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Watching how lazy the Sabres forwards are defensively it makes sense why they have never had sustained success. Goalie has played well but facing lots of high danger chances against and deflected pucks

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Ruff working his magic in Buffalo. The Sabres look almost exactly like the opening game 22-23 Devils. I am sure fans will call for him to be fired on the flight back.

Reactions: Waterbuf

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know I can't remember the last time I saw a penalty called because 2 players got kicked out of the faceoff circle.

I don't see the point in kicking players out of the faceoff circle if you are NEVER going to call that penalty

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Watching how lazy the Sabres forwards are defensively it makes sense why they have never had sustained success. Goalie has played well but facing lots of high danger chances against and deflected pucks
Lukkonen is a mediocre goaltender. NJ has mostly screwed up their scoring chances.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Lukkonen is a mediocre goaltender. NJ has mostly screwed up their scoring chances.

Meh this is not on the goaltending. First goal they allowed like 2-3 in close chances with no defenders around and he got beat close up. Give most NHLers a few looks up close without pressure from defenders they will undress a goalie.

Other two goals were through traffic. One he didn't see because the defense isn't clearing lanes for him (a lot of stick waving not a lot of physical defending), the other was again a one timer chance due to poor coverage.

I am not sure I've seen most of the Sabres forwards actually defending more than waving their sticks at guys. Forwards need to support the defense.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Meh this is not on the goaltending. First goal they allowed like 2-3 in close chances with no defenders around and he got beat close up. Give most NHLers a few looks up close without pressure from defenders they will undress a goalie.

Other two goals were through traffic. One he didn't see because the defense isn't clearing lanes for him (a lot of stick waving not a lot of physical defending), the other was again a one timer chance due to poor coverage.

I am not sure I've seen most of the Sabres forwards actually defending more than waving their sticks at guys. Forwards need to support the defense.
BINGO!!!

We have a good bingo, any other winners? Any other winners? If not game 1 is closed out, game 2 paying 2 points with a regular bingo or a puck possession in the 4 corners is up next.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Didn't think Keefe was that good either with Toronto but at least he has Mercer on the 2nd line and Huala on the 3rd. That is a good start.

Reactions: PWiz30

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Which art museum is that ?

I had literally no desire to travel anywhere, but I want to go and see that now. That stuff is actual art, not like those idiots who cry and then throw a paint brush at a canvas and think it's good while some hipster tells me "you don't understand the anger and raw emotion put into this"

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
First game of the season and already HFboards with their hot takes about how this one team is horrible and will finish last in the league because they are currently losing their first matchup of the season. :laugh:

Never change, HF.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad