GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/26/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Actually, it does matter if it's on purpose. The rules are your friend. The referee was making a call based on the rule, but you seem to be taking issue with the fact he didn't ignore the rules.

So yes, it is pretty simple. The referee made the right call. He followed the rules.

I completely disagree but it's a moot point now.
If a defenceman loses his bearings and knocks the net off with no help from anyone else, 99 times out of 100 it's a penalty even if it's inadvertent. Should be the same with a goalie.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If a defenceman loses his bearings and knocks the net off with no help from anyone else, 99 times out of 100 it's a penalty even if it's inadvertent. Should be the same with a goalie.

Whether you think it should be or not is irrelevant. It isn't called that way with a goaltender, and the rules don't suggest it should be.

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

And if he did it intentionally it would have been. Notice how often the net is hit each game without it coming off. It takes a large amount of force to knock off a net without lifting it off the peg. No way Andersen gets that much force on it, without the net already coming off. Either the peg wasn't fully in the hole or there was some malfunction with the net/peg.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Whether you think it should be or not is irrelevant. It isn't called that way with a goaltender, and the rules don't suggest it should be.

great then lets hope we see the andersen slide knocking the net off 46 times for each goalie in a game....

cneely

Jan 6, 2005

The way the rules are written don't suggest it should be with a defender either.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
And if he did it intentionally it would have been. Notice how often the net is hit each game without it coming off. It takes a large amount of force to knock off a net without lifting it off the peg. No way Andersen gets that much force on it, without the net already coming off. Either the peg wasn't fully in the hole or there was some malfunction with the net/peg.

Seemed to me that when he slid to the left he jarred it loose. Then we he used the goal post for leverage to push off, he completely dislodged it.
That's what it looked like to me anyway.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
By throwing the rule book out the window? Oh god forbid. Whatever will we do when the referees are doing their job. It's just terrible.

they throw the rule book out every game with non calls.....what makes this game/situation any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad