GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/12/2024 | 12 Games | I suppose we can let ducks join in the season too.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah was a pretty soft call. Refs just wanted to call something because the Kings had a few PP in a row

Maybe a little bit of that, but it was still a pretty textbook interference example imo. He just took the guy out and didn't give him any opportunity to pursue the puck (which he did not possess). With no apparent consideration toward going for the puck himself.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Bruins power play has never found the same success after Krug left but this is a new level of suck.

Surely there's somebody better than Brazeau to put out there? Take Geekie or Pasta off the point and i don't know, give the young offensive minded d-man in Lohrei a chance?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Bruins power play has never found the same success after Krug left but this is a new level of suck.

Surely there's somebody better than Brazeau to put out there? Take Geekie or Pasta off the point and i don't know, give the young offensive minded d-man in Lohrei a chance?

That's outrageous. What would a guy like Lohrei do that...

whoever uhhh...Brazeau is, could not?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Maybe a little bit of that, but it was still a pretty textbook interference example imo. He just took the guy out and didn't give him any opportunity to pursue the puck (which he did not possess). With no apparent consideration toward going for the puck himself.
He hit him because he expected Poitras to get the puck when it was shot around the boards. How do you stop when the bum misses the puck. And you have to hit him him as soon as he gets the puck or it is interference. Bruins just got a textbook interfrence penalty.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Bruins are mediocre. They beat a a bad goaltender (Primeau) and are tied with a bum team LA.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I still cannot believe Edmundson got that contract. Not that he is an awful player or anything but just, wow.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He hit him because he expected Poitras to get the puck when it was shot around the boards. How do you stop when the bum misses the puck. And you have to hit him him as soon as he gets the puck or it is interference. Bruins just got a textbook interfrence penalty.

I mean, it's a play behind the net with a loose puck. What you expect and what actually happens matters. Just demonstrated he was not really aware or paying attention to the puck. Just focused purely on taking out and impeding the man. Which...when the puck isn't there is textbook interference.

Way more egregious to me than even the half bear hug the Kings got called for a minute later. Though both are penalties. That one was "Holding" btw. And also a very textbook example of that, rather than "Interference" which is a different penalty.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lindholm again. 5 points in his first 3 games to start the season. (though Marchand did most of the work there)

Loving that signing so far. Was concerned they were going to get the Vancouver/Carolina version rather than the one that looks more like the one in Calgary. So far so good.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I mean, it's a play behind the net with a loose puck. What you expect and what actually happens matters. Just demonstrated he was not really aware or paying attention to the puck. Just focused purely on taking out and impeding the man. Which...when the puck isn't there is textbook interference.

Way more egregious to me than even the half bear hug the Kings got called for a minute later. Though both are penalties. That one was "Holding" btw. And also a very textbook example of that, rather than "Interference" which is a different penalty.
Yes tht was definitely holding and on a guy who wouldn't have scored on an empty net.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Lindholm again. 5 points in his first 3 games to start the season. (though Marchand did most of the work there)

Loving that signing so far. Was concerned they were going to get the Vancouver/Carolina version rather than the one that looks more like the one in Calgary. So far so good.

I think most Canucks fans were pretty unanimous in the notion that, if you can put Lindholm with an offensive "play driving winger", he should bounce right back offensively. The defensive game and everything else was still there the whole time, Vancouver just didn't have any play-driving Wingers to pair him up with to do the offensive heavy lifting. The Bruins have a couple of 'em in Pasta and Marchand.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

He's an awesome center when properly motivated. Exactly what the Bruins needed in their top 6.
People hating on that signing didn't know what they were talking about.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Lindholm is forever a flame for getting us that haul from Vancouver, sucking out loud, and then jumping ship to Boston and returning to form

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's an awesome center when properly motivated. Exactly what the Bruins needed in their top 6.
People hating on that signing didn't know what they were talking about.
Yeah i think that's the best way to put it. Lindholm even at his worst is still a decent player.

I think my biggest concern was the question of if he'd be able to do enough to differentiate himself and not just be another good, but not really needle moving top 6 center ala Coyle. Especially given the term/money on the deal.

That has been the complete opposite, he's been making an impact in every game. If this is truly the same Lindholm that was the engine behind that powerhouse of a line in Calgary before it went to shit for them, this team is in business.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah i think that's the best way to put it. Lindholm even at his worst is still a decent player.

I think my biggest concern was the question of if he'd be able to do enough to differentiate himself and not just be another good, but not really needle moving top 6 center ala Coyle. Especially given the term/money on the deal.

That has been the complete opposite, he's been making an impact in every game. If this is truly the same Lindholm that was the engine behind that powerhouse of a line in Calgary before it went to shit for them, this team is in business.

Lindholm was never "the engine" of that Calgary line. :laugh: He was always clearly the "3rd wheel". He's just an outstanding 3rd wheel. Has that great complementary two-way skillset that just lets offensively talented wingers run wild. Gets himself to the right spots to support the play and cover for a line defensively, jumps in when he's needed and backs out when he's not. Has enough puck skills and passing/finishing ability and reads things well enough to be a part of the play at a very high level. He's just never going to be the "catalyst" over any sustainable period.

But that's fine for Boston, because with Bergeron and Krejci gone, they're really a very "wing heavy" team in terms of their impact forwards. So it's zero surprise that Lindholm would plug perfectly right into that situation and give them what they need there.

Reactions: johan f

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad