GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/12/2024 | 12 Games | I suppose we can let ducks join in the season too.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I thought he played it nicely.. puck carrier got in too deep and Clarke was able to find the receiver.
He didn't play it brutal like a lot of NHLers do, he did the right thing, but you could tell he wanted to just attack the puck carrier like he probably have have done in junior, or even te A, but he was able to keep himself in a decent position.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Pasta has goals in all 3 games and still looks so brutal. Can’t wait to see him shake the summer rust off. 50-55 goals could be attainable once again.

Reactions: johan f

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Unreal skater and passer to go with his size and range.

Yeah. Lohrei has all the tools to become a bigger, maybe even better Shea Theodore type impact player. Annoying that the Bruins just sorta found another guy under a rock like that or whatever.

This is patently untrue

It absolutely is not. Lindholm was always blatantly the "facilitator" 3rd wheel on that line. The two wingers were creating offensively, and Lindholm was always just supporting their play and giving them the leash to run wild. That's not to disparage what he brought to that line's chemistry and helping it gel as a unit...but clearly the third wheel.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Really, brought nothing to this game.
Agreed, but at the same time but it does speak to his talent level that "dogshit" by his standard still somehow ends up with 3 goals in 3 games lmao.

It's like he spent the entire game coasting then decided "oh, i should probably do something now." Equal parts hilarious and infuriating.

DoubleBack

Apr 29, 2024
Agreed, but at the same time but it does speak to his talent level that "dogshit" by his standard still somehow ends up with 3 goals in 3 games lmao.

It's like he spent the entire game coasting then decided "oh, i should probably do something now." Equal parts hilarious and infuriating.
100% infuriating, then he busts out a great play or goal. It's maddening.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Yeah. Lohrei has all the tools to become a bigger, maybe even better Shea Theodore type impact player. Annoying that the Bruins just sorta found another guy under a rock like that or whatever.

It absolutely is not. Lindholm was always blatantly the "facilitator" 3rd wheel on that line. The two wingers were creating offensively, and Lindholm was always just supporting their play and giving them the leash to run wild. That's not to disparage what he brought to that line's chemistry and helping it gel as a unit...but clearly the third wheel.
Tkachuk was the third wheel. He had free rein to do whatever he wanted with Gaudreau as the primary puck carrier and Lindholm doing all the heavy lifting on defense. Tkachuk’s only job was to show up in the offensive zone

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Tkachuk was the third wheel. He had free rein to do whatever he wanted with Gaudreau as the primary puck carrier and Lindholm doing all the heavy lifting on defense. Tkachuk’s only job was to show up in the offensive zone

I mean, "do whatever he wanted offensively" was one of the two driving forces of that line and the insane scoring rate they produced. Lindholm was just there to...as you said, do the heavy lifting defensively...and mostly stay out of the Wingers' way offensively. I'd call that the clear "supporting piece" or "3rd wheel" to the line. It was clearly the two wingers creating the dynamic, offensive impact that the line was renowned for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad