GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/8/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Even though it helps the Penguins, I hate the going back and ruling offsides.

It’s dumb Fix it.
Yup.

There should be a limit on this. Like if you get posession but don't get it out it is no longer able to be checked.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I do like that they give them a penalty if they are wrong, but with the technology afforded to the coaches on the bench and the coaches up in the press box being able to call down....

They are usually blatant if challenged.
If they gave them a flag or something... I don't care what... But if they had to call it quick. Didn't have time to review it upstairs, then I think that's more in the spirit of the rule.

You've got to imagine the NHL doesn't want this kinda delay, or debate over a skate up and an inch offside. So if the Coach had to decide 10 seconds after the goal or something, then you'd be able to challenge ones that were WELL offside and messed up, but what it's become, is as if MLB Managers could challenge balls and strikes.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yup.

There should be a limit on this. Like if you get posession but don't get it out it is no longer able to be checked.
Or just get rid of it altogether... Most goals called back are offside by like an inch at most. The refs call offsides pretty easily so I just don't see the issue there. Of course there are instances like the famous Duchebe goal but those things can happen in a hundred other ways too.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Or just get rid of it altogether... Most goals called back are offside by like an inch at most. The refs call offsides pretty easily so I just don't see the issue there. Of course there are instances like the famous Duchebe goal but those things can happen in a hundred other ways too.
I would be fine with that

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
srsly wild. just no one get injured at this point. don't block shots or anything.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Can't remember the last time Sabres scored 5 in one period.....especially with Eichel out.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Buffalo has completely run over Jersey for two periods and somehow haven’t managed to draw one penalty. Have the Devils just packed it in on the year?

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I honestly don't know what to call this challenge in Pittsburgh...
I feel it should be a goal?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The NHL is trying to replicate the NFL's "what the **** is a catch" with "what the **** is goalie interference" :laugh:

Apparently hitting the goalie in the face with your ass as a shot is coming in isn't goalie interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad